Trends for Higher Education
Trends Inside Higher Education | Spring 2022
Within the world of higher education, what are some of today’s key trends—and what are some implications for institutions of higher learning?
We’ve organized Trends using STEEP:
- Social: How people think, behave, and interact, including beliefs, values, culture, and lifestyle
- Technology: How people use technology (including hardware and software), how society relies on technology, and how technology affects society
- Economic: Macro- or microeconomics, including global trends, anything related to jobs and skills needed for jobs, and industry shifts
- Environmental: Our external surroundings, including sustainability and our evolving workplaces, cities, and living spaces
- Political: Public policy, governmental systems, the people within them, and the effects of government decisions on our citizens and communities
Each trend includes a brief trend summary, a footnoted source, and discussion questions to help you analyze and act on the trend.
Want to learn more?
Related blog post: Under the headline, “Does Your Search Committee Have an Elevator Pitch?,” an item in this issue of Trends addresses how institutions have adjusted their approach to leadership searches in a highly competitive job market. To gain more insight into strategies for conducting successful leadership searches, we turned to SCUP Board of Directors Member Margaret (Peggy) Plympton, a principal at AGB Search.
Member Price: Free | Non-member Price: $40 USDPURCHASE PDF
Attention Members: Log in to access this item.
Purchase includes PDF.