SCUP Excellence Awards Jury Overview:
The SCUP Excellence Awards Jury is made up of campus and consulting professionals suggested by the committee, jurors and others and are a mix of academic, facility, institute and corporate people. In some cases, the recipient of an honor award, whether from an institution or consulting firm, has been asked to serve as a juror for the following year. There must also be a juror who is a member of AIA-CAE and a juror who is a member of ASLA.
• Categories are campus planning, architecture, and landscape architecture.
• Jurors review all the entries online – usually around 150+ entries and develop a shortlist for the in-person jury in March.
• Meeting takes place from a Thursday evening through Saturday. SCUP covers all travel, hotel, meals and incidentals.
• Three or four jurors are also invited to present a concurrent session at SCUP’s annual international conference to discuss themes and observations, what was “excellent,” and answer questions. Jurors who participate in the session receive a complimentary conference registration, but they must cover all other travel expenses.
• Jury comments and awards are also featured in the publication Learning By Design, and on SCUP’s website.
SCUP Membership Required? Yes
Minimum Qualifications: None
Terms of Service: One Year
Time Commitment: One Time Only
Training: No Training Required
Travel Requirements: 1 Meeting Annually
Interested In This Role? Contact Martha Marotta