A recording of this session is available to SCUP members only.
Watch the recording
Have you wondered, “Just what is integrated planning and how might this approach bring value to my work at my institution”? We have an answer for your query!
Join us for an overview of SCUP’s Planning Institute (PI) – the premiere professional development content designed to build your capacity to apply an integrated planning strategy to your campus. Come learn about how integrated planning creates “a sustainable approach to planning that builds relationships, aligns the organization, and emphasizes preparedness for change”.
Brought to you by the SCUP Mid-Atlantic region.
- Gain insight into how integrated planning drives student success and institutional vitality.
- Be able to define integrated planning and develop strategies to help institutionalize planning so that it becomes a customary institutional practice managed creatively over time rather than an episodic activity managed during the pressure to produce a plan.
- Understand how each of the three planning institute workshops—Foundations, Design and Implement, and Sustain — build on each other to lay the foundation for successful planning.
- Be able to implement sample planning exercises from each of the three PI workshops focused on promoting the practice of integrated planning that work in every institution, regardless of culture, structure, or politics.
- Be able to describe how the tools and methods from the workshops can be used on their own campuses to build awareness and skills, learning from the experiences of their peers in the workshop.
What this Session Will Cover
- An introduction to the discipline of integrated planning.
- Overview of the three Planning Institute workshops:
- Foundations: A one-day workshop covering the basics of integrated planning including a review of campus culture, stakeholder analysis, environmental scanning, and prioritizing strategic issues facing an institution.
- Design and Implement: A two-day workshop covering the strategies needed to design and implement an integrated plan. Topics include connecting strategic planning to operational plans, aligning plans vertically and horizontally within the institution, developing goals, objectives, actions, and metrics, and moving from strategy to implementation.
- Sustain: A two-day workshop covering the strategies needed to sustain integrated planning on your campus. Topic include how campus culture can make or break integrated planning, how to build consensus, improve decision-making, and resolve conflicts that arise during the planning process, and planning for the future utilizing scenario planning.
SCUP Members: Free
Nonmembers: $65 USD
Senior Director of Learning Strategy
Society for College and University Planning
Director of Institutional Assessment