The Power of Integrated Planning
An Overview of the SCUP Planning Institute
Brought to you by the SCUP Mid-Atlantic region.
Join two expert facilitators for an overview of SCUP’s Planning Institute, the premiere professional development experienced designed to build your capacity to apply an integrated planning strategy on your campus. You'll learn about how integrated planning creates “a sustainable approach to planning that builds relationships, aligns the organization, and emphasizes preparedness for change,” and have the chance to try exercises from each of the three workshops.
Ready for the next step? Join your colleagues at the next hands-on, virtual Planning Institute workshop. View the Calendar
What this session covers:
- An introduction to the discipline of integrated planning.
- Overview of the three Planning Institute workshops:
- Foundations: A one-day workshop covering the basics of integrated planning including a review of campus culture, stakeholder analysis, environmental scanning, and prioritizing strategic issues facing an institution.
- Design and Implement: A two-day workshop covering the strategies needed to design and implement an integrated plan. Topics include connecting strategic planning to operational plans, aligning plans vertically and horizontally within the institution, developing goals, objectives, actions, and metrics, and moving from strategy to implementation.
- Sustain: A two-day workshop covering the strategies needed to sustain integrated planning on your campus. Topics include how campus culture can make or break integrated planning, how to build consensus, improve decision-making, and resolve conflicts that arise during the planning process, and planning for the future using scenario planning.
Recorded July 8, 2020.
This video recording is a member-only resource.
Attention Members: Log in to display the video player below.