Salary: Salary is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience.
Reference Number: Position #759661 ‚Äì Requisition #15954
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care.
In the heart of downtown Denver – one of America’s most vibrant urban centers – CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Prepares and completes special projects related to planning, space analysis, research, and information gathering. This includes space
inventories, test fits, space utilization studies, program and master plan materials, and other graphic components of reports and projects.
* Works closely with the Principal Institutional Planner to update and maintain Archibus, a space management system used for both the University of Colorado Denver and the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus.
* Assists with Archibus training processes for other university personnel.
* Assists with the intake, cataloguing, tracking and resolution of space requests from the University of Colorado Denver and the University of
Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus.
* Coordinates space inventory walk-throughs with university departments.
* Assists with periodic updating of the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus Work Place Space Guidelines and the University of
Colorado Denver space guidelines, and ensures that the work performed as described in the duties and responsibilities adheres to these
* Provides other visualization and technical planning assistance to campus units and programs as required.
* Provides institutional planning support to various institutions, affiliates, and governmental entities involved in development and redevelopment of
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.
A bachelor’s degree in Planning, architecture, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
2 years of professional level experience as an institutional planner, space planner, facility planner, interior architect, architect, or similar.
Experience working in higher education either as a consultant or with an institution performing space utilization analyses, space inventories, test fits, and an understanding of room type codes.
Experience with Archibus.
Experience and proficiency in AutoCAD, Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop.
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with employees at all level throughout the institution.
Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
Ability to assist team members and higher-level management in providing visualization and technical planning assistance.
Ability to organize and prepare clear and concise planning report information.
Questions should be directed to: Margo Waite, email@example.com
Special Instructions to Applicants: Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to: Margo Waite, firstname.lastname@example.org