Salary: $58,928 – $67,768 annually
Established in 1804, OHIO University is the oldest public institution of higher learning in the state of Ohio and the first in the Northwest Territory. Located in the scenic Appalachian foothills, its classic residential campus in Athens, Ohio, is one of the most attractive in the nation.
Manage the design and construction of multiple and complex facilities infrastructure, renovation, and construction projects on the Athens and Regional Campuses. Manage projects to scope, budget and schedule as well as any repercussions of variances.
1. Provide project management oversight for studies, design and construction in accordance with University processes and guidance. Prioritize multiple projects of various sizes simultaneously.
a. Coordinate project development with University department and personnel as it relates to planning, programming, estimating, design, construction, and close-out.
b. Oversee the preparation of required contract documents.
c. Review contractors and consultants work: approve schedules, change orders, show drawings and pay applications
d. Prepare project status reports
e. Effectively communicate with project stakeholders
f. Oversee quality of work through on-site visits, written and verbal communications and inspection of materials
2. Lead project budget, schedule, cash flow and overall communications development. Prepare bid documents.
3. Conduct research for new construction techniques, products and designs. Assist in updating university design and construction standards.
4. Lead competitive selection of consultants and contractors for University construction projects.
5. Coordinate training of maintenance staff related to newly completed projects and conduct project debriefing reviews.
Contribute to culture that results in teamwork, customer focus, innovation, and continuous process improvement
All employees are accountable for supporting the Ohio University’s values of community, character, civility, citizenship and integrity; and commitment supporting inclusive and sustainable practices in carrying out everyday responsibilities.
Successful candidates must possess the following knowledge and abilities:
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft programs required: computer proficiency in Primavera scheduling programs and Auto Cad or equivalent. Effective/self sufficient user of eBuilder software.
• Familiar with building codes, ADA guidelines, State of Ohio Revised Code, Ohio University Policies and Procedures, Ohio University Design and Construction Standards. Functional knowledge of renovation and construction management; to include blueprints and construction documents, preparing estimates, and familiarity with specifying equipment/furnishings.
Please apply at the following link by August 12, 2019.
• Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Interior Design, Engineering or Construction Project Management or related field
• Minimum 3 years direct work experience
• Up to 12 months supervisory or managerial responsibilities
***An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
Resume, Cover Letter, References