The Institution: Simon Fraser University
With 6,500 faculty and staff, 35,000 students and 145 undergraduate, graduate and professional programs spanning eight faculties, SFU is the place where innovative education, cutting-edge research and community outreach collide. With a vision to be Canada’s most community-engaged research university, SFU has been consistently ranked as one of Canada’s top three comprehensive universities for almost 20 years. SFU’s more than 100,000 graduates enjoy limitless career opportunities, made possible by mentorship, integrated work learning programs and coaching opportunities.
To learn more, please visit SFU’s website.
The Opportunity: Campus Planner
The Campus Planner provides leadership and is responsible for the development and management of campus planning and land use initiatives for all campuses. The planner monitors, advises and recommends approval of physical changes to the campus lands and buildings, especially the exterior elements. Specific responsibilities include: the development and continued updating of the Campus Master Plan, the annual Five-Year Capital Plan, and related supporting plans for management of campus lands, and the development of facilities and infrastructure projects. The Campus Planner consults with university stakeholders to ensure that campus development serves the University’s long-term needs. The role liaises with various levels of government, agencies, professional bodies, external contractors and community groups to represent the University.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Planning, Landscape Architecture and 10 years of work experience in private sector, institutional and/or governmental setting with overall responsibility for managing large project teams and leading planning efforts or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
• Canadian Institute of Planners Certification and/or Licensure by either the Architectural Institute of BC, the British Columbia Society of Landscape Architects, or the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of British Columbia. Experience with Public Sector procurement practices and municipal planning approval processes;
• Proven leadership skills and the ability to collaborate and build rapport with various stakeholders;
• Successful track record of project management and delivery;
• Knowledge of real estate and land development including urban realm, urban design and land stewardship;
• Knowledge of post-secondary facilities, their design, use and standards;
• Experience with municipal planning approval processes;
• Solid comprehension of architectural design processes and methods, construction methods, materials and processes;
• Strong organizational skills;
• Innovative and imaginative outlook, with the ability to bring solutions and options to challenges;
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft suite of software.
The complete opportunity profile can be viewed: https://leadersinternational.com/simon-fraser-university-campus-planner/
Contact: Nick Lay or Tony Kirschner
Leaders International Executive Search
#880 – 609 Granville Street
Vancouver, BC V7Y 1G5
Phone: (604) 688-8422