Payette, based in downtown Boston, is a leading architectural design firm specializing in the programming, planning, and design of complex buildings for medical and scientific research, academic teaching, healthcare, and corporate research. We provide a dynamic, collaborative environment which supports innovation and creativity, allowing each team member to significantly contribute to the design process. We invest in our staff and firmly believe there is an opportunity for anyone with talent and initiative to reach any level in our organization.
Payette seeks a team member to grow its space strategies group. We are seeking a design professional with a planning, urban design or architectural degree to work on planning and programming efforts leading to the design of complex healthcare, science, research, and educational facilities. The ideal candidate is a critical thinker, enjoys data analysis, visualization and graphics. The ideal candidate may desire a hybrid role that includes a combination of built work and planning work.
Space strategies is an interdisciplinary group of friendly and passionate people at Payette who blend design thinking, data analysis and visualization with critical thinking to consult with clients in higher education and healthcare in solving complex problems. It’s an exciting time at Payette – and for the architectural profession more broadly – as we integrate new methods into the design process.
Position responsibilities will include:
• Participate in planning and design projects by providing planning and design solutions based on data analysis and space models for scientific research and health care clients
• Create clear and compelling data visualizations, diagrams and presentations
• Contribute to the development of software tools, planning and programming techniques at Payette
Payette is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes diversity in the workplace.
Resumes submitted online will be considered. Please note for all documents (resume, cover letter, and portfolio) the maximum files size is 5 MB.
Candidates must have the following qualifications to be considered for the position:
• Preferred but not limited to a degree in City & Regional Planning, Architecture or Urban Design
• Adept at data visualization – charts, graphs, diagrams, etc.
• Interest in science and tech in higher education and healthcare campuses / buildings
The ideal candidate will also have:
• Excellent presentation, writing, social and communication skills
• Exceptional organizational skills and follow through
• Ability to work confidently in a group with all levels of staff and also independently
• Strong software skills such as Excel, Adobe suite, Sketchup or Rhino, AutoCAD and Revit
• Desire to learn data analytics programs such as Tableau
• Ability to travel within the United States to client meetings
Please use the following link to apply for this position.