JOB TITLE: Membership & Community Engagement Manager
Supervisor: Director of Communications and Marketing
The ideal Membership & Community Engagement Manager will contribute to the development and lead the implementation of the organization’s membership outreach strategy. An expert in the value, benefits, and features of all forms of SCUP membership and participation, s/he will develop, manage, coordinate, and expand a robust customer engagement strategy that supports the organization’s growth strategy and revenue goals.
Primary responsibilities and duties:
- Contribute to and lead the implementation of the organization’s membership and engagement strategy.
- Serve as the primary contact for non-members and members to assist with an understanding of the value of SCUP’s products and services.
- Manages analytics and research for membership identifying trends needed to support growth and retention.
- Develops membership-related programs, initiatives, and practices designed to increase membership and engagement across the higher education community.
- Lead responsibility for member and community engagement, recruitment, renewal and retention programs
- Leads the development and deployment of recruitment and funnel activities supporting the growth of the community and usage of SCUP’s products and services.
- Oversees membership and customer service processes and systems to ensure user satisfaction.
- Collaborate with colleagues and vendors to shape the UX experience for SCUP members and customers.
- In cooperation with the marketing team, develops content and collateral for members and non-members alike showcasing member value.
- Takes lead of key vendor relationships related to member outreach communications.=
- Supports and promotes member engagement and volunteerism
- Proactively create and secure opportunities for member follow-up to nurture member relationships and cultivate engagement and in conjunction with the director of communications and marketing, develop and implement formal volunteer orientation, volunteer program practices and evaluation of programs and services delivered by volunteers.
- Develop and implement year-round and conference-specific member engagement activities.
- Works with members to plan and execute membership recruitment activities across all SCUP events and other activities.
- Travel and attend select SCUP conference(s) and serve as key membership liaison/presenter on the value of SCUP members (1-3x per year)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years professional experience in sales or membership/marketing.
- Strong oral and written communications skills, and an ability to work effectively to build relationships with others (comfortable interacting with all levels of the company and presenting projects and status reports).
- Strong organization and planning skills, and an ability to demonstrate effective project coordination, facilitation, and implementation based on past experience.
- Ability to work in a holistic, customer-centric, design process and ability to collaborate across departments.
- Experience leading membership initiatives from ideation through implementation.
- Experience in volunteer or community cultivation, coordination, and expansion.
- Knowledge of Salesforce or other CMS.
- Familiarity and experience in MS Office applications, Word, Excel & PowerPoint, and Google Suite.
- Occasional evening and weekend work required. Ability to travel out of state, country, and overnight for up to 7 days for conferences.
- Experience working in a non-profit or a professional association.
- Proficiency in a Mac computer environment.
To apply for this position send your resume and cover letter to the HR Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.