“ . . . spectacular . . . building designed from inside out . . . liked that the design is sustainable . . . 24/7 environment . . . nicely done . . . ”
The Sawyer Library consists of a 132,000-sf new replacement library built in conjunction with the restoration of historic Stetson Hall, which was the college library from 1922 until its replacement in 1971. Stetson serves as the new library complex’s frontispiece and the anchor of a new academic quadrangle. Its grand interior is seamlessly integrated with the new building through a procession of new and historic atrium spaces. The new library embodies a collaboration-based agenda, in contrast to its predecessor’s collection-based focus. Accordingly, the scope of this project included an innovative approach to flexible on-site collections management and an extraordinarily diverse range of individual and group study venues.
Bohlin Cywinski Jackson