Reference Number: 1525250
California State University, Dominguez Hills
California State University Dominguez Hills was established in 1960 and is one of the 23 campuses that comprise The California State University System. CSU Dominguez Hills is an urban, comprehensive public university that serves a culturally rich, diverse student body of approximately 14,000 students at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Located on a 346-acre site in the South Bay portion of the greater Los Angeles metropolitan area, CSU Dominguez Hills has a highly pluralistic student body, which includes a significant number of non-traditional, working adult students as well as approximately 2,000 students enrolled in distance learning programs statewide. The University, with its five Academic Colleges, has more than 300 full-time faculty members and is situated in an area characterized by an extraordinary heterogeneity of people, and an extensive array of high technology industries and professional services.
|Under general direction of the Associate VP of University Communications and Public Affairs, and working closely with individuals and department across the campus, the Web Content Creator develops, plans, and executes engaging and effective content that enhances the university’s presence on the web and supports to meet the university’s strategic long term goals to recruit quality students and promote the university’s academic excellence, accomplishments, and distinctiveness. Responsibilities include researching, writing, editing, and posting content that promote academic programs, student success and university initiatives on the university’s website: csudh.edu, and other online media; ensuring clarity of content and overall user experience; advising management on content strategy; preparing other communications as appropriate to meet office goals.|
– Expert writing, editing and proofreading skills as evidenced by clips or portfolio of past professional work
– Proficient in web optimization, content strategies, and analytics; content management systems;
– Knowledge of the field of communications, particularly digital media
– Expert networking and interpersonal skills including strong consultative and persuasive skills to work with internal constituents.
– Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
– Ability to juggle multiple assignments under shifting and tight deadlines.
– Comprehensive and in-depth knowledge of communication, media and/or marketing theories and concepts in order to develop and execute communication strategies and plans to promote and position the university.
– Thorough knowledge of applicable copyright and other laws pertaining to publications and the news media
– Comprehensive knowledge of marketing and research techniques and methods.
– Ability to use market research to enhance the impact of communication strategies and campaigns.
Specialized Materials: Computer, MAC platform; computer peripherals such as, but not limited to, printers, scanners, monitors, auxiliary equipment, and accessories.