Reference Number: 1350967
Vice Provost for Enrollment & Communications
Vice Provost for Enrollment and Communications
Saint Mary’s College of California
Founded in 1863, Saint Mary’s is a residential campus nestled 20 miles east of San Francisco in the picturesque Moraga Valley. Based in the Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts traditions, Saint Mary’s currently enrolls more than 4,000 students from diverse backgrounds in undergraduate and graduate programs. The De La Salle Christian Brothers, the largest teaching order of the Roman Catholic Church, guide the spiritual and academic character of the College.
As a comprehensive and independent institution, Saint Mary’s offers undergraduate and graduate programs integrating liberal and professional education. Saint Mary’s reputation for excellence, innovation, and responsiveness in education stems from its vibrant heritage as a Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts institution. An outstanding, committed faculty and staff that value shared inquiry, integrative learning, and student interaction bring these traditions to life in the 21st century. The College is committed to the educational benefits of diversity.
Reporting to the provost, and participating as a member of the President’s Cabinet, the vice provost for enrollment and communications will lead the institution in an increasingly competitive higher education marketplace, defining and advancing the key messages that speak most clearly to and about the college to internal and external audiences. The vice provost will provide leadership to the enrollment and communications efforts by defining direction, priorities and strategy for admissions, student financial aid, the registrar’s office and the office of communications and marketing. The vice provost will be expected to forge strong partnerships across the campus and the extended Saint Mary’s community to ensure that this work is a collective effort that includes and is responsive to the highest aspirations of the college. The vice provost will be expected to:
– build upon Saint Mary’s momentum in building brand by planning and managing the over-arching marketing and public relations activities of the college, collaborating with and advising/consulting leaders across the college to foster coordinated campus-wide communications, integrated marketing and message consistency;
– oversee the articulation of the college’s positions on complex and sensitive issues, ensuring that the institution’s mission and accomplishments are advanced at the international, national, state, regional and local levels;
– analyze and present data to shape strategic direction and regularly assess the effectiveness of Saint Mary’s recruitment, selection, financial aid programs and communications and marketing efforts, adjusting when and as necessary in order to remain proactive and responsive to market forces and college needs;
– establish strategic direction, priorities and goals for the division; use data and analytical expertise to make proposals and decisions; link budgets and expenditures to measurable outcomes while achieving enrollment and communication goals;
– guide a creative, forward-thinking program of student financial aid, maintaining fiscally responsible leadership;
– participate as a member of the institution’s new strategic planning initiative;
– hire, train, evaluate and provide mentorship and professional development opportunities for the enrollment, financial aid, registrar and communications team members;
– collaborate with graduate deans in the creation, marketing, operations and enrollment of all graduate programs;
– lead the college’s efforts to understand enrollment trends, tradeoffs and priorities that inform and shape enrollment policy programs while building relationships of credibility, transparency and respect throughout the college; and
– work with the president, provost, senior campus leadership and all units of the college to ensure appropriate internal communication of strategic goals and activities.
A master’s degree and significant, documented, progressively responsible management experience in higher education administration are required. The ideal candidate will possess strong analytical, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills; be a proven collaborative decision maker who works well under pressure; possess knowledge of national educational trends; and have the capacity to lead and manage the complex interplay of marketing and recruiting strategies, enrollment goals, yield and financial aid; have a strong ability in branding and marketing an institution and have proven success in innovative thinking and risk-taking combined with excellent execution of both complex and routine marketing strategies. Additionally, the ability to understand and coordinate all the operational processes in the areas of enrollment, financial aid, and marketing and communications will be expected of the vice provost, as well as innovation, creativity and a sense of play in harnessing technological capabilities as communication aids. Leadership ability, including the ability to build consensus and a sense of teamwork, tremendous strategic and analytical ability, a love of research and data and an ability to ask the right questions, uncover meaning and utilize research for its predictive results will be expected of the vice provost, along with a commitment to the value of a liberal arts education and to open inquiry, free expression and the exploration of faith. Within the context of Saint Mary’s Lasallian core principles including respect for all persons, faith in the presence of God, quality of education, concern for the poor and social justice and an inclusive community, the vice provost will represent the division and institution among all internal and external communities with transparency and integrity.
Application and Nomination
Review of applications will begin January 11, 2019 and continue until the position is filled. To apply for this position please click on the Apply button, complete the brief application process, and upload your resume and position-specific cover letter. Nominations for this position may be emailed to Kendra E. Dane at mailto:email@example.com. Applicants needing reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process should contact Spelman Johnson at 413-529-2895.
Visit the Saint Mary’s College of California website at www.stmarys-ca.edu
Saint Mary’s is an equal employment opportunity employer. We support inclusive excellence and are committed to creating a safe and welcoming community for all. College policy prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, gender stereotyping, and gender identity, taking a protected leave (e.g., family medical or pregnancy leave), or on any other basis protected by applicable laws.
To apply, visit: http://apptrkr.com/1350967
To apply, visit http://apptrkr.com/1350967
Copyright ¬©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.