Salary: Minimum $38.17 - commensurate with experience, education, and qualifications. Rate of pay will be determined by the staff compensation plan. For questions contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Reference Number: http://jobs.montana.edu/postings/17346
Montana State University
Montana State University values diverse perspectives and is committed to continually supporting, promoting and building an inclusive and culturally diverse campus environment. MSU recognizes the importance of work-life integration and strives to be responsive to the needs of dual career couples.
Montana State University is committed to providing a working and learning environment free from discrimination. As such, the University does not discriminate in the admission, access to or conduct of its educational programs and activities nor in its employment policies and practices on the basis of an individual’s race, color, religion, national origin, creed, service in the uniformed services (as defined in state and federal law), veteran’s status, sex, age, political ideas, marital or family status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or sexual orientation. In support of the University’s mission to be inclusive and diverse, applications from qualified minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are highly encouraged.
Montana State University makes accommodation for any known disability that may interfere with an applicant’s ability to compete in the hiring process or an employee’s ability to perform the duties of the job. To request an accommodation, contact the Human Resources Office, PO Box 172520, Montana State University, Bozeman MT 59717-2520; 406-994-3651; email@example.com .
In compliance with the Montana Veteran’s Employment Preference Act, MSU provides preference in employment to veterans, disabled veterans, and certain eligible relatives of veterans. To claim veteran’s preference please complete the veteran’s preference information located in the Demographics section of your profile.
MSU’s Non-Discrimination Policy and Discrimination Grievance Procedures can be located on the MSU Website: http://www.montana.edu/hr/
Reporting to the Director of Campus Planning, Design, and Construction (CPDC), the University Architect (UA) provides team-oriented multi-faceted professional architectural services, reviews professional design agreements and construction documents, assists with project management services as needed, and provides technical design assistance to campus personnel and University Services. The UA will collaborate with the Planning Manager, Senior Project Manager, Real Estate Manager and Contracts Manager to outline priorities within CPDC as well as coordinate with the Engineering and Utilities Manager, University Engineer and Facilities Director to support capital and maintenance related campus projects.
|1. Professional degree in Architecture from an accredited college or university.
2. Minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience, post-IDP, in: architecture, construction or project management, planning, and personnel management in a large, multi-building, institutional environment.
3. Current registration as a Professional Architect. (If from out of state, must obtain Montana license within 6 months of start date.)
4. Architectural experience which demonstrates competency in each of the following areas (please address each area):
* Architectural planning and design development
* Construction document production and oversight;
* Management and oversight of multiple large projects simultaneously;
* Budget and project management;
* Organizational skills, with demonstrated ability to manage diverse activities and people
5. Competence and working knowledge of the International Building Codes (IBC), as well as, other applicable state and federal codes.
6. Demonstrated ability establishing productive relationships with a highly diverse range of internal and external constituents, such as faculty, staff, students and the general public.
7. Experience working with Revit, AutoCad and/or GIS.Preferred Qualifications:
1. National Council of Architectural Registration Boards (NCARB) certificate or American Institute of Architects (AIA) registration.
Kathy Jahnke at 406-994-6774 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Cover Letter addressing Each of the Required and Preferred Qualifications, Resume.