Reference Number: 1342667
CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY AT DOMINGUEZ HILLS
Title IX/DHR Investigator – Exempt (Administrator II), Administration and Finance
California State University, Dominguez Hills, was established in 1960 and is one of the 23 campuses that comprise The California State University system. CSU Dominguez Hills is an urban, comprehensive public university that serves a culturally rich, diverse student body of over 12,500 students at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Located on a 346-acre site in the South Bay portion of the greater Los Angeles metropolitan area, CSU Dominguez Hills has a highly pluralistic student body, which includes a significant number of non-traditional, working adult students as well as approximately 2,000 students enrolled in distance learning programs statewide. The University, with its five Academic Colleges, has more than 300 full-time faculty members and is situated in an area characterized by an extraordinary heterogeneity of people, and an extensive array of high technology industries and professional services.
Conditions of Employment:
The person holding this position is considered a `mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Possession of a valid Driver’s License is required. Employees in this position will be enrolled in the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) Government Employer Pull Notice Program which confirms possession of a valid driver’s license and reflects driving record.
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. CSU will make a conditional offer of employment, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
This is a full-time management (MPP) position. MPP employees serve at the pleasure of the campus President. MPPs do not serve a probationary period and never receive permanent status.
This position is a “designated position” in the California State University’s Conflict of Interest Code. The successful candidate accepting this position is required to file Conflict of Interest forms subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission.
Special Working Conditions:
This position may require meetings, trainings, and interviews outside of a typical 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. M-F work week.
Department: Administration and Finance
CSU Dominguez Hills is committed to promoting inclusive excellence and equal access to education and employment for all students and employees. Part of that commitment is a dedication to the efforts of Title IX, a federal law requiring nondiscrimination on the basis of gender and sex at educational institutions, and the Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act, a federal act that aims to prevent gender-based and sexual violence and harassment, as well as require that educational institutions respond when it occurs. Another law that shapes CSU Dominguez Hills’ commitment to equity and inclusion is the Student Safety: Sexual Assault law, which defines the affirmative consent standard for California schools.
Major Job Duties:
Under general direction of the Title IX Officer, the Title IX/DHR Investigator is responsible for receiving and investigating complaints of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation (DHR) on the basis of all protected statuses, as well as sexual harassment, sexual misconduct, dating/domestic violence, and stalking. The Title IX/DHR Investigator will also conduct trainings about discrimination, harassment, and retaliation prevention and response for staff, administrators, faculty, and students.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
– Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment and negotiate complex, highly sensitive situations, including the ability to maintain confidentiality, be discrete, and maintain neutrality in the face of indifference or hostility.
– Demonstrated ability to prepare detailed, logical, and grammatically correct analytical reports that convey complex and sensitive issues.
– Demonstrated skill and sensitivity interacting with various ethnic, social, cultural, economic, and educational backgrounds in order to identify, investigate and facilitate appropriate resolutions to complaints, including formal investigations and informal resolutions.
– Commitment to serving a diverse population with cultural competence and sensitivity.
– Committed to principles of due process, fairness, and respect.
– Working knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations related to compliance with nondiscrimination laws, including but not limited FERPA, Title VII and Title IX.
– Ability to maintain effective working relationships with administrators, staff, faculty, students and community partners.
– Ability to conduct presentations and trainings about difficult topics such as discrimination, consent, sexual misconduct, sexual harassment, sexual assault, dating violence, domestic violence, and stalking.
Certification: Valid drivers license
Experience and Education:
Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year accredited College or University.
JD or Master’s degree in related field is preferred.
Minimum of five years professional experience.
Two years of relevant experience conducting investigations is preferred.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
How to apply: You can only apply by completing an electronic application at the campus job web site at http://apptrkr.com/1342667 . Click on “view job opportunities” under “New and returning applicants.” View the list of jobs and click on the one with the job title listed above. The application deadline is: Review of applications will begin 01/02/2019 and the position will remain open until filled.
CSU Dominguez Hills is an Equal Opportunity /ADA Employer.
California State University, Dominguez Hills
Human Resources Management
1000 E. Victoria St.
Carson, CA 90747