Reference Number: 1504444
California State University, Dominguez Hills, was established in 1960 and is one of the 23 campuses that comprise The California State University system. CSU Dominguez Hills is an urban, comprehensive public university that serves a culturally rich, diverse student body of over 12,500 students at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Located on a 346-acre site in the South Bay portion of the greater Los Angeles metropolitan area, CSU Dominguez Hills has a highly pluralistic student body, which includes a significant number of non-traditional, working adult students as well as approximately 2,000 students enrolled in distance learning programs statewide. The University, with its five Academic Colleges, has more than 300 full-time faculty members and is situated in an area characterized by an extraordinary heterogeneity of people, and an extensive array of high technology industries and professional services.
Under general direction of the Dean, College of Arts & Humanities; the incumbent serves as the production technical and operational specialist for the University Theatre Complex, Edison Theater and Recital Hall, including oversight of the facility and scheduling for non-departmental events related to the instructional programs on campus, to include events scheduled by off-campus organizations. Responsible for a variety of non-departmental technical specialties including stage and design, lighting configuration and operation, film/video set up and operation, audio/music production. Coordinate complex projects involving difficult designs and materials and demonstrations; cost estimation, budget preparation, oversee vendor acquisitions for multiple projects; assist in the hiring process, and provide lead work direction of University Theatre, Edison Theater and Recital Hall technical support staff.
– Comprehensive knowledge of all aspects of event and production, including, but not limited to: methods and problems in multiple production.
– Production goals, themes, operations, and procedures necessary in order to translate design specifications, blueprints or drawings into costume, scene, lighting or sound production and effects.
– Thorough knowledge, including the principles, practices and techniques of lighting, sound, counterweight, and other stage systems and equipment.
– Directing and stage management, including the staging needs for productions requiring numerous costume and set changes.
– Comprehensive knowledge of various historical periods for design and construction of materials and effects related to applicable production specialty.
– Thorough and in-depth knowledge of the technical aspects of construction, implementation, and operation of staging materials and effects in various production specialties.
– Comprehensive knowledge of safety requirements and standards related to production support specialty and stage operations; ability to train others in safety measures and ensure compliance with codes and regulations.
– Thorough working knowledge of carpentry.
– Thorough knowledge of basic electrical theory and usage related to audio and lighting effects and working of lighting, sound and stage effect techniques, including the ability to improvise lighting, sound, stage property, and other stage effects.
– Basic knowledge of costume techniques.