Reference Number: 1668386
California State University, Dominguez Hills
California State University Dominguez Hills was established in 1960 and is one of the 23 campuses that comprise The California State University System. CSU Dominguez Hills is an urban, comprehensive public university that serves a culturally rich, diverse student body of approximately 14,000 students at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Located on a 346-acre site in the South Bay portion of the greater Los Angeles metropolitan area, CSU Dominguez Hills has a highly pluralistic student body, which includes a significant number of non-traditional, working adult students as well as approximately 2,000 students enrolled in distance learning programs statewide. The University, with its five Academic Colleges, has more than 300 full- time faculty members and is situated in an area characterized by an extraordinary heterogeneity of people, and an extensive array of high technology industries and professional services.
Under the general direction of the Chief of Operations, the incumbent will demonstrate
standard principles and terminology associated with technical project coordination, identify and resolve common DevOps risks and issues. Planning, organizing, and motivating the DevOps project team to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering leading edge technology architectures for highly functional production pipelines for enterprise DevOps. Work includes but not limited to; technical project coordination which includes the full scope of DevOps lifecycle projects including feasibility studies; project design and planning; ongoing resource, materials, time management, testing, training and implementation. Responsible and accountable for several concurrent highly visible projects frameworks including working with stakeholders and SMEs to set and monitor milestones, set and monitor time-lines, and prepare test plans and oversee the testing throughout all project phases.
– Through Knowledge of project management theories and best practices.
– Comprehensive knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle and various Release Management methodologies.
– Through understanding of DevOps principles and techniques.
– Knowledge of training theory and practices demonstrated by an ability to develop and deliver technical training and user documentation.
– Knowledge of emerging technologies in DevOps architecture
– Strong communicator with conflict resolution skills.
– Advanced skills in various project management tools, techniques, and methodologies.
– Mastered the skills of advocating change, supporting team building, and recognizing contributions.
– Proven ability in project management and strategic planning.
– Ability to apply consultative skills to assess user needs
– Ability to create and write Scopes of Work and other documents of a complex nature.
– Flexible and adaptable when dealing with change and an awareness of working in a culturally diverse environment.
– Ability to communicate, collaborate, and maintain strong working relationships with peers, customers, vendors, staff, faculty, and management.
– Able to define issues, business/technology needs, and implement solutions.
– Proven ability to oversee several concurrent highly visible projects in a fast-paced environment, working directly with high-level stakeholders and SMEs.
– Able to adapt quickly to new business processes and technology.
– Demonstrated ability to prepare clear and concise reports, presentations, and documentation.
Certification: Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification is required.
Experience and Education:
A bachelors degree in computer science, information systems, business, or related field along with project management coursework or training and PMP certification is required. Prosci’s Change Management Certification is preferred.
Minimum of 6 years of Enterprise DevOps, Software Development Life Cycle, and IT Release
Management related project management work experience is required. Experience working in an academic environment is preferred.