University of New Mexico is a 4 year institution
The University of New Mexico’s (UNM) Planning, Design & Construction (PDC) seeks a full-time Sr. Planner to join our vibrant, committed team of professionals who support the built environment at UNM. PDC is working on numerous, long-term plans. The Sr. Planner will be responsible for leading the University’s efforts in facility planning. This role will provide leadership in a broad array of matters including facility planning, architecture, site development, asset management and real estate associated with but not limited to the University’s academic, administrative, athletic, and residential functions.
The Sr. Planner will lead the University’s facility planning efforts by coordinating with academic and administrative leadership, facility managers, and consulting planners, architects, and other professionals. The Sr. Planner will provide broad leadership on facility use and development, working closely with the University Architect and University Planner, Institutional Support Services’ Campus Environments and Facilities, and the University’s executive administration.
Please note that incomplete applications will not be reviewed. See application instructions for details.
Duties of the Sr. Planner will include, but are not limited to:
· Provides leadership in campus master planning studies, long-term facility management and land planning activities.
· Develops and prepares feasibility studies; identifies project goals and objectives, critical physical and environmental constraints, space utilization and facility conditions, and establishes and monitors project deliverables.
· Collaborates with Office of the Provost, administrative leadership and Capital & Space Strategies to analyze the efficiency and utilization of existing space allocations and to strategize space needs in facility planning.
· Provides strategic leadership to wide variety of facility management efforts.
· Provides guidance in benchmarking, technology, academic and research trends, and space projections to establish quantitative based projections for facility and capital projections.
· Assists with production of the annual capital budget, inclusive of facilities, landscape, renewal and infrastructure and participates in the 5-year capital budget update.
· Manages production of planning documents and reports.
· Facilitates comprehensive facility planning support to all Planning, Design & Construction capital projects; including the development and / or guidance of project scopes, programs, program adjustments and revisions in development.
· Manages special studies and environmental design projects.
· Participates in various internal and external committees and working groups concerned with the campus physical development plans.
This leadership role provides expertise to the University’s leadership at a time of rapidly changing business context and space usage. The ideal candidate will be able to provide superior, active guidance regarding the University’s near and long term programmatic and physical planning goals.
See the Position Description for additional information.
Bachelor’s degree; at least 7 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
Master’s degree in Architecture, Planning or related field
· Excellent discipline-specific analytical abilities
· Excellent discipline-specific communications skills
· Excellent writing skills
· Consensus building skills
· Awareness of the relationship of planning with the physical environment, real estate, economics, development, architecture, and governmental processes
· Experience using Word, Excel, desktop publishing, graphic applications, spreadsheets used in planning projects
· Ability to learn UNM’s software and asset management systems
· Experience in the field of planning for educational communities
Only applications submitted through the official UNMJobs site will be accepted. If you are viewing this job advertisement on a 3rd party site, please visit UNMJobs to submit an application.
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
• Please complete the online application and submit a cover letter and your current resume.
– Your resume should include a complete work history with beginning and ending dates (month/year).
– In your cover letter, address how your qualifications and work experience match the position and the preferred qualifications detailed in this job advertisement.
– Your cover letter and resume should be uploaded as separate PDF files.
• Applicants must provide names and contact information for at least three (3) supervisory references with your application materials.
• Finalists should be prepared to provide official educational transcripts if selected for hire. Please see minimum qualifications for specifics.
Go to https://unm.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/18/home/requisition/18335?c=unm
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/ADaPexTJnKZ6hrqrt7MQx