HelioCampus, located in Bethesda, MD, Chapel Hill, NC, and Philadelphia, PA, is a data-driven tech company that serves higher education institutions. We empower institutional effectiveness through assessment, benchmarking and decision support via an enterprise analytics platform. Through three complementary lines of business, HelioCampus helps institutions measure and evaluate their effectiveness in fulfilling their mission by connecting investments with financial and student learning outcomes. With data from every corner of campus, HelioCampus takes a comprehensive, data-informed approach toward continuous improvement and learner success as a methodology to run an institution.
We are seeking a Senior Data Analyst to join our team of higher education data experts. This position will focus on supporting clients in the use and analysis of financial data. The analyst will work closely with multiple client partners to understand their analytical needs, evaluate key performance metrics, and analyze trends. The ideal candidate has supported financial analysis within Higher Education and possesses superior technical ability as well as effective communication and relationship management skills.
This position may be staffed remotely and all candidates must be able to travel to Bethesda, MD within a half-day or less.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
– Develop subject matter expertise in the HelioCampus financial data platform and guide client partners in the use of the platform to answer strategic institutional questions.
– Deliver standardized HelioCampus-developed analysis subject area playbooks
– Perform ad hoc analyses to discover actionable information in support of strategic decision making.
– Serve as the main point of contact between HelioCampus and the client partner, working closely with senior leaders to maximize use of the platform.
– Leverage enterprise business intelligence tools, SQL queries, and other tools to develop complex dashboards and reports.
– Deliver ongoing training and support to client stakeholders.
– Contribute to the HelioCampus product roadmap for analytical tools and solutions.
– Translate and interpret business and data requirements between the client and the HelioCampus technical/data teams.
– Maintain accuracy and quality of data extracts
– Serve as primary project manager for multi-year engagements
Required Skills & Qualifications:
– Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher learning.
– A minimum of 5 years of experience working as a financial analyst in higher education or working as a consultant in higher education.
– Experience with AR, AP, and aging concepts and analysis
– Financial forecasting experience, utilizing various methods.
– Experience leveraging enterprise reporting tools to develop dashboards and reports.
– Excellent communication skills and experience presenting findings to mid to senior level executives.
– Experience working with one or more Financial ERP data.
– Experience developing technical requirements for reporting and analytic purposes.
– Expertise leveraging SQL, Excel, and data visualization tools such as Tableau to manipulate, analyze and present data.
– Strong ability to articulate meaningful insightful and relevant questions and develop appropriate approaches to answering these questions.
– Ability to work effectively and independently on multiple priorities with strict deliverable dates.
– Experience working closely with both business users and technical development teams.
– Ability to travel to client sites as needed, no more than 10%.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
– Previous experience in higher education at the Assistant Director level or advanced degree in a field relevant to the position (MBA, Financial Planning, economics, etc.).
– Significant experience building reports and dashboards in Tableau.
– Prior roles performing revenue forecasting and demand planning
– Strong understanding of data warehouse concepts and experience working with large data sets.
– Experience in one or more analytic/programming software packages such as R, SAS, Python, or comparable.
Compensation and Benefits:
HelioCampus offers employees a competitive salary along with paid time off, healthcare, vision, dental, 401(k) w/ company match, remote work flexibility, and a fun, collaborative work environment.
HelioCampus is an equal opportunity employer all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Human Resources Assocaite
Resume and Cover Letter