Salary: Commensurate with education and experience
Reference Number: 6212
Binghamton University is a world-class institution that unites more than 130 broadly interdisciplinary educational programs with some of the most vibrant research in the nation. Our unique character – shaped by outstanding academics, facilities and community life – promotes extraordinary student success.
Binghamton merges rigorous academics, distinguished faculty and state-of-the-art facilities to engage and challenge its 17,000 students. The high-achieving Binghamton student body also represents a great diversity of life experiences, from first-generation college-goers to international students. Beyond their talent, these classmates share a desire to shape the future through technology, insight, intellectual exploration and community service.
The Space Planning Assistant, reporting to the Director of Course Building and Academic Space Management, is responsible for providing support in the collection and maintenance of space data and floor plans, in the analysis and reporting of space usage and utilization, in the development of space plans and proposals, and in the coordination of complex renovation projects, working with end users, Physical Facilities, and consultants.
The Space Planning Assistant will have the following primary responsibilities:
Add/update space information in University data systems
Conduct walkthroughs of campus space to ensure space data and floor plans reflect existing conditions and to assess functionality and general condition of University space, presenting thoughtful recommendations and solutions that increase efficiency and effectiveness of all University space
Assist in analyzing and reporting on space needs and utilization in narrative and graphical presentations and formats
Assist with reporting space information for University departments and state, federal and accrediting agencies
Provide support in the development and execution of space plans and proposals, including temporary space assignments during renovation projects and relocation assistance
– Provide assistance in the development of facilities programs for major renovation and new construction projects, providing best practices and innovative approaches to addressing University space needs
– Develop space diagrams of classrooms for incorporation in classroom scheduling programs
– Maintain classroom condition and renovation history databases
– Bachelor’s degree and three years’ related experience in architectural, planning, design or other related fields
– Ability to work as a team member and independently, as the task require
– Strong organizational and time management skills including the ability to prioritize workload
– Strong interpersonal communication skills, both oral and written
– Demonstrated analytical thinking
– Technical expertise in the use of spreadsheets, presentation programs & databases
– Working knowledge of CAD and/or other graphic software programs
– Ability to read, understand and interpret floor plans
– Three to five years’ experience working in a University setting
– Working knowledge of principles, practices and methods of university space management
– Familiarity with programming/coding, particularly with SAS Software
– Ability to access, manage and analyze data using different databases and enterprise systems
– Technical expertise in database systems development and maintenance
Offers of employment may be contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment background check and verification of degree(s) and credentials.
Binghamton University is a tobacco-free campus.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com
Payroll information can be found on the website http://www.binghamton.edu/human-resources/payroll/
Cover letters may be addressed “To the Search Committee.”
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
The State University of New York is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Binghamton University to provide for and promote equal opportunity employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, disability, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, veteran or military service member status, marital status, domestic violence victim status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or arrest and/or criminal conviction record unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification or other exception.
As required by title IX and its implementing regulations Binghamton University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in the educational programs and activities which it operates. This requirement extends to employment and admission. Inquiries about sex discrimination may be directed to the University Title IX Coordinator or directly to the Office of Civil Rights (OCR). Contact information for the Title IX Coordinator and OCR, as well as the University’s complete Non-Discrimination Notice may be found here.
Please submit: 1) Resume, 2) Cover letter, and 3) Contact information for three professional references You may add additional files/documents after uploading your resume. After you fill out your contact information, you will be directed to the upload page. Please login to check/edit your profile or to upload additional documents: http://binghamton.interviewexchange.com/login.jsp.