Rutgers University – New Brunswick
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is a leading national research university and the state of New Jersey’s preeminent, comprehensive public institution of higher education. Established in 1766 and celebrating a milestone 250th anniversary in 2016, the university is the eighth oldest higher education institution in the United States. More than 67,000 students and 22,000 faculty and staff learn, work, and serve the public at Rutgers locations across New Jersey and around the world.
Rutgers University–New Brunswick took root over 250 years ago. We are the state’s most comprehensive intellectual resource—the flagship campus of Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, as designated by the Association of American Universities. We are the region’s most high-profile public research institution and a leading national research center with a global impact.
• Works with staff across the University to ensure space data under the purview of the Rutgers University–New Brunswick Chancellor are accurate, up-to-date, and available in a timely manner. This includes the room type classification of all spaces and occupant/owner of the space.
• Responsible for conceptualizing and creating space utilization reports and metrics to be used by the Office of the Chancellor for strategic institutional space planning and usage; Analyses will include regular and ad hoc reports requested by the Office of the Chancellor and Rutgers University–New Brunswick units and schools to support the vision of Rutgers 2030, the University’s Physical Master Plan, including the goal of ensuring that University space is assigned efficiently and that it provides access to the types and quantity of space programming required by University operations.
|• Requires a Bachelor’s degree in data analytics, public administration, business administration, space planning/interior design, architecture, or a related field.
• A minimum of two years experience with space and facilities planning, preferably in a higher education environment. Experience in a closely adjacent field, e.g., grant/research budgeting that had a space component, may also be considered.
• Proficiency or ability to gain proficiency in Archibus, Tableau, and Microsoft Office suite, including Access and Excel.
• Possess the analytical ability and substantive knowledge to understand
space planning and produce reports that will help the Chancellor and other
units make informed decisions.
Cover letter and resume