Reference Number: 21001360
The Operations Division serves four Tufts University campuses: the Medford/Somerville campus, the Boston Health Sciences campus, the Boston School of the Museum of Fine Arts at Tufts and the Grafton Veterinary campus together encompassing 170 buildings and 5.1 million gross square feet. This division comprises not only Campus and Capital Renewal Planning, but also includes peers in Capital Programs, Facilities and Engineering Services, Dining, Auxiliary Services, Public Safety, Real Estate, and related services. Together, these functions are responsible for the efficient, cost effective and safe operations of our university as well as the maintenance and management of our university assets to support our research and educational mission, vision and values.
Campus & Capital Renewal Planning strategically links planned renovations and expansion of University physical resources with academic, research, and clinic priorities and community life. We collaborate across the University to develop integrated, innovative, and feasible near- and long-planning solutions. The Planning department strives to use our physical resources to advance strategic goals for the University including Tufts’ goal to decarbonize the institution by 2050.
Tufts University is seeking applications for a Space Planning Analyst in the Department of Campus & Capital Renewal Planning Office. Operating with a high degree of independence and initiative, this critical role is responsible for maintaining the university spatial database, floor plans, campus maps, surveys, and studies for easy access by the university community. This position presents a unique opportunity to lead an improvement initiative implementing an integrated University-wide space data system with Computer-Aided Facilities Management (CAFM) and Geographic Information System (GIS). Reporting to the Director of Campus & Capital Renewal Planning, this position will work in close partnership with colleagues in the Operations Division, Finance, Registrar’s Office, and School leadership.
– Develop and implement improved processes for the continuous collection and dissemination of accurate property information within a new space data system.
– Analyze and visualize quantitative and qualitative data to inform the Tufts community. Create and present visual content and written reports that convey analysis findings to be used for University decision making or to guide strategy.
– Assemble data to create dashboards for strategic space metrics, key trends, and Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
– Maintain floor plans, campus maps and data to depict – geographically and with accuracy – existing campus conditions in multiple platforms. Work towards the conversion of Tufts’ Autodesk-based plans into the ArcGIS platform. Routinely update the space data system based on survey feedback, capital project close-out documentation, and observations in the field.
– Engage in and lead specific project planning and management efforts across the department.
– Experience in the field of data analytics & database management; preferably in a space planning and/or higher education setting.
– Expert understanding of Autodesk AutoCAD, Autodesk Revit and Microsoft Excel.
– Experience with space database management and ArcGIS systems (including ArcGIS Indoors, ArcGIS Enterprise and ArcGIS Pro).
– Experience with data analytical and visualization software (i.e. PLSQL, PowerBI, Tableau, ArcGIS).
– Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Visio, Project and PowerPoint preferred.
– Familiarity with building floor plan conventions and standards, metrics for space allocation, and FICM space use codes.
– Ability to independently resolve complex problems and consult with others as necessary, manage multiple relationships, and to work effectively as a member of a project team.
– Experience with data analysis is essential.
– Highly developed organizational skills.
– Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally, graphically and in writing.
– Demonstrates ability to work with a diverse workforce and population and to respect and value differences. An ability and commitment to work effectively in a culturally diverse and inclusive environment.
For full consideration, applications should include a cover letter and resume.