Waltham, Massachusetts 02452
About This Organization
Bentley University, founded in 1917, is a private college of business and liberal arts.
This position assures accurate physical space utilization and inventory using OpenCAD software,
and serves as the primary resource for all questions regarding the management and analysis of
data used in capital and space planning. This position will work with Facilities Management in
identifying alternative solutions to the changing space demands of students, academic and
administrative departments, and technology. This position performs statistical, spatial and
graphic data analysis to assist with the planning and development of University projects
associated with space needs/requests.
- Prepare complex and technical statistics, reports, and surveys related to space.
- Plan and organize space planning initiatives for all departments and ensure that
procedures and other operations are consistent with current laws and university policy.
- Continually survey the campus throughout the year, as well as after project completions,
to update and verify the space data and plans.
- Manage and maintain all AutoCAD floor plans and standards.
- Maintain updated PDF floor plans for department usage.
- Develop, implement, and maintain a comprehensive facilities management computer
- Document and maintain space utilization data within CMMS system (Infor EAM).
- Field verify department space usage and occupant data.
- Make recommendations to integrate into master plan, strategic plan, and facilities
- Develop, establish and control the methods, procedures, and systems to increase overall
effectiveness of facilities utilization and management.
- Collect, organize and maintain construction documents by project both digitally and on
- Create project close-out standards and enforce policy.
- Update the building summaries on a monthly basis and maintain a timeline of building
upgrades by working with all department managers.
- Bachelor’s degree with 2-5 years of experience in space planning, project administration,
and programming and design. Co-op and internship experience will be considered.
- Demonstrated ability to work with confidential information while meeting deadlines;
demonstrated ability to effectively multi-task and problem solve.
- Must have the ability to work in a highly technological environment utilizing AutoCad, OpenCAD, Excel, PowerPoint, Banner, CMMS systems, GIS systems, Cognos, and other Enterprise
- Must be able to communicate with tact and diplomacy. Must be highly detailed and well
- Experience in higher education with an emphasis in facilities management processes is
desirable not required.
- Must hold and maintain a valid, unrestricted United States driver's license, with an
insurable driving history as determined by Bentley's insurance carrier.
Bentley University strives to create a campus community that welcomes the exchange of ideas, and fosters a culture that values differences and views them as a strength in our community.
Bentley University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, building strength through diversity. The University is committed to building a community of talented students, faculty and staff who reflect the diversity of global business. We strongly encourage applications from persons from underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities, covered veterans and those with diverse experiences and backgrounds.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/28hcbfv9bzytygdc
Required Application Materials