Bentley University, founded in 1917, is a private college of business and liberal arts.
Job Description Summary
This position assures accurate physical space utilization and inventory using OpenCAD software, and serves as the primary resource for all questions regarding the management and analysis of data used in capital and space planning. This position will work with Facilities Management in identifying alternative solutions to the changing space demands of students, academic and administrative departments, and technology. This position performs statistical, spatial and graphic data analysis to assist with the planning and development of University projects associated with space needs/requests.
This position provides primary oversight for technology within Facilities Management, including serving as key user for the administration of existing AutoCAD, Cognos (report writing tool), GIS, and Infor EAM (computerized asset management system).
• Prepare complex and technical statistics, reports, and surveys related to space.
• Plan and organize space planning initiatives for all departments and ensure that procedures and other operations are consistent with current laws and university policy.
• Continually survey the campus throughout the year, as well as after project completions, to update and verify the space data and plans.
• Manage and maintain all AutoCAD floor plans and standards.
• Maintain updated PDF floor plans for department usage.
• Develop, implement, and maintain a comprehensive facilities management computer system.
• Document and maintain space utilization data within CMMS system (Infor EAM).
• Field verify department space usage and occupant data.
• Make recommendations to integrate into master plan, strategic plan, and facilities planning issues.
• Develop, establish and control the methods, procedures, and systems to increase overall effectiveness of facilities utilization and management.
• Facilitate and resolve space planning issues.
• Implement and manage a comprehensive geographic information system (GIS).
• Manages interior room and wayfinding signage.
• Update and maintain paper and electronic drawings/plan sets.
• Update space data upon completion of projects (in conjunction with updating the building summaries).
• Track, verify, and field audit space moves to ensure accuracy.
• Collect, organize and maintain construction documents by project both digitally and on paper.
• Create project close-out standards and enforce policy.
• Update the building summaries on a monthly basis and maintain a timeline of building upgrades by working with all department managers.
• Manage and maintain AutoCAD and PDF floor plans and standards.
• Prepare test fits/space plans for office projects for the Construction and Engineering staff.
• Assists with developing draft capital budget for space plans.
Record Management and Systems Administration
• Maintain computerized systems that may include Geographic Information System (GIS), OpenCAD, InforEAM, and Key FileBound users
• Provide technical assistance as requested.
• Distribute project documents and correspondence.
• Create and maintain paper and electronic project files according to University guidelines.
Web Management/Social Media
• Act as “Webmaster” for the Facilities webpage.
• Keep an updated a list of current projects on Planning and Constructions webpage and provide links/documents to community resources.
• Assist with social media accounts such as Twitter, Instagram.
• Provide other administrative/clerical assistance to the department as circumstances warrant.
• Bachelor’s degree with 2-5 years of experience in space planning, project administration, and programming and design. Co-op and internship experience will be considered. Demonstrated ability to work with confidential information while meeting deadlines; demonstrated ability to effectively multi-task and problem solve. Must have the ability to work in a highly technological environment utilizing AutoCad, OpenCAD, Excel, PowerPoint, Banner, CMMS systems, GIS systems, Cognos, and other Enterprise Reporting Systems.
• Must be able to communicate with tact and diplomacy. Must be highly detailed and well organized.
• Experience in higher education with an emphasis in facilities management processes is desirable not required.
• Must hold and maintain a valid, unrestricted United States driver’s license, with an insurable driving history as determined by Bentley’s insurance carrier.
Bentley University requires references checks and may conduct other pre-employment screening.
Bentley University strives to create a campus community that welcomes the exchange of ideas, and fosters a culture that values differences and views them as a strength in our community.
Bentley University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, building strength through diversity. The University is committed to building a community of talented students, faculty and staff who reflect the diversity of global business. We strongly encourage applications from persons from underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities, covered veterans and those with diverse experiences and backgrounds.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/