Reference Number: 18768
Cures Start Here. At Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home to three Nobel laureates, interdisciplinary teams of world-renowned scientists seek new and innovative ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer, HIV/AIDS and other life-threatening diseases. Fred Hutch’s pioneering work in bone marrow transplantation led to the development of immunotherapy, which harnesses the power of the immune system to treat cancer. An independent, nonprofit research institute based in Seattle, Fred Hutch houses the nation’s first cancer prevention research program, as well as the clinical coordinating center of the Women’s Health Initiative and the international headquarters of the HIV Vaccine Trials Network. Careers Start Here.
At Fred Hutch, we believe that the innovation, collaboration, and rigor that result from diversity and inclusion are critical to our mission of eliminating cancer and related diseases. We seek employees who bring different and innovative ways of seeing the world and solving problems. Fred Hutch is in pursuit of becoming an antiracist organization. We are committed to ensuring that all candidates hired share our commitment to diversity, antiracism, and inclusion.
Under general direction of the AVP, this position will perform spatial and graphic data analysis regarding campus space. Responsibilities will include development of occupancy plans and responses to space requests, and monitoring of space utilization to ensure that planning is aligned with space guidelines, and that all scenarios maximize space use. This role will recommend, educate, and support space policies/standards, procedures and protocols, and maintain a strategic space information system that provides accurate physical space utilization and inventory. This role serves as a primary resource for campus space and capital planning.
This position requires extended periods of time working at a PC. The position responsibilities require regular visits to campus and leased facilities, including using stairs and ladders.
– Manages, maintains and updates data in the Archibus space management system, to facilitate campus and space planning
– Reviews space requests; works with users and management to obtain information and develop an understanding of needs; recommends solutions based on campus allocation standards
– Periodically inspects database to ensure data accuracy; acts as a liaison with Fred Hutch units regarding accuracy of data; conducts episodic space audits
– Interprets and classifies space based on U.S. Department of Education’s Postsecondary Education Facilities Inventory and Classification Manual (FICM) standards
– Responds to various requests for reports and documentation concerning space use, to assist in short and long-range planning. Forecasts space needs based on recruitment activities, wind down plans, promotions, and organizational growth
– Initiates and distributes surveys to collect space data to update the space inventory database
– Serves as the Fred Hutch space system administrator, by managing user access levels and testing functionality of updates to the space management system, that are implemented by our third-party system administrator
– Provides user support and training, including user documentation
– Bachelor’s or Advanced Degree
– The ability to read, understand and interpret architectural floor plans
– Effective at gaining trust and confidence with stakeholders, understanding and addressing priorities to enable business objectives
– High level understanding and appreciation of space planning and forecasting; business acumen with an understanding of operational impact related to actions/decisions; teaming/consultant and customer service skills; critical thinking and problem solving; risk identification and analysis
– Ability to compile, analyze and create data models
– Experience working in database programs, Excel or Smart Sheet, and Word
– Demonstrate detailed analytical and critical thinking
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Demonstrate good judgment and maintain confidentiality
– Maintain a focus on customer service
– Project Management Skills, ability to manage multiple concurrent projects
– The ability to understand, interpret and analyze data and effectively translate complex information
– Strong organizational and time management skills including the ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
– A minimum of 5 years of professional experience or equivalent relevant experience preferred
– Demonstrated knowledge, skill and ability to manage computer-based facilities and space management systems
– Significant knowledge of the Archibus space management system or similar space information systems
– Experience in a higher education or research setting including knowledge of academic facilities, space inventory and management
– Experience in database systems development and maintenance
A statement describing your commitment and contributions toward greater diversity, equity, inclusion, and anti-racism in your career or that will be made through work at Fred Hutch is requested of all finalists.
Our Commitment to Diversity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) Employer. We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability (physical or mental), marital or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We are an Affirmative Action employer. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply and desire priority referrals of protected veterans. If due to a disability you need assistance/and or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request to our Employee Services Center at email@example.com or by calling 206-667-4700.
Please visit our careers page to apply online: https://careers-fhcrc.icims.com/jobs/18768/space-planner/job