Salary: Minimum $62,472. Final salary is commensurate with experience.
Reference Number: Position #759661 Requisition #17533
University of Colorado Denver
As Colorado’s public urban research university, the University of Colorado Denver educates a diverse student body through quality academics, ambitious research, creative work, and civic engagement in the city we call home. CU Denver graduates gain the powerful combination of immersive classroom and real-world experience that are in demand today. The city benefits from well-educated, top talent and a new generation of knowledge that fuels the future of Denver and our region. We are CU in the City.
CU Denver offers more than 100 degree programs, from the bachelor’s to the doctoral level, in the heart of downtown. Here, more than 15,000 students pursue academic programs that range from global energy management to music industry studies to criminal justice. As part of the state’s largest public university system, CU Denver is a major contributor to the Colorado economy, with nearly 2,500 employees and annual economic impact of $800 million.
The Office of Institutional Planning is seeking a space planner to lead the department’s efforts in space management including inventorying, analysis and reporting, policy creation and enforcement, and space programming and assignment.
This position performs under direct supervision of the Director of the Office of Institutional Planning, and will provide support in the collection and maintenance of space data and floor plans, in the analysis and reporting of space usage and utilization, in the development of space plans and proposals, in the creation and maintenance of space policies and guidelines, in the collection, analysis and fulfillment of requests for space, in space programming and the coordination of capital projects, and in space test-fits as needed.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Performing space audits and conducting walkthroughs of campus to ensure the accuracy of space data and floor plans and to assess the condition and functionality of space.
• Managing the CU Denver Archibus system, the computer-aided facilities management (CAFM) software used by CU Denver, including updating space information and providing reports as needed in support of departmental efforts.
• Conducting analyses on space occupancy and utilization, and sharing the findings verbally and in graphic and written format with audiences within and outside of the university.
• Creating space guidelines and a space policy for CU Denver, and designing the structure and system for the communication, introduction, use and amendment of the guidelines and policy.
• Managing the space request process, and acting as the primary contact for all space usage requests.
• Providing recommendations and guidance to the university on improving the effectiveness and utilization of the space portfolio, including industry best practices.
• Supporting design, programming and relocation efforts undertaken by the department by providing occupancy scenarios, conceptual layouts and test-fits.
• A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
• 2 years of experience working in space planning, including one or more of the following areas:
+ in designing and managing space allocation processes
+ programming new facilities or performing scenario planning for relocations, renovations, etc.
+ managing a space database.
+ conducting space analyses to determine utilization rates or other factors
• Experience in the use of spreadsheets, presentation programs and databases.
• Experience and proficiency in AutoCad.
• A bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Landscape Architecture, or Planning.
• Experience and proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Bluebeam, and Tableau.
• Experience with and knowledge of principles, methods and best practices in space planning and management.
• Experience in programming space for new construction or renovation projects.
• Experience performing test-fits or creating conceptual layouts in a professional setting.
Apply Online Using the Following Link:
Position is open until filled- full consideration will be given to applications received by 11/15/2019
For questions, contact Margo Waite at firstname.lastname@example.org
Resume, Cover Letter, References