Idaho State University in Pocatello, ID
Reference Number: req780
About This Organization
Idaho State University
The purpose of this position is to manage and implement the space planning function of all interior space for all ISU campuses. This position will also identify, analyze, plan, and coordinate complex space allocations.
This position is eligible for reduced tuition for some college courses for the employee, spouse and dependent child.
1. Develop, establish and control the methods, procedures, and systems to increase overall effectiveness of space utilization and management.
2. Assist in planning and implementing ISU space guidelines, remodels and department moves.
3. Facilitate the process of space requests and space assignments. Responsible for Computer Aided Facility Management software system updates and reports.
4. Assist with Project and Space Requests that deal with a change of space.
5. Provide tactical advice on all matters regarding space allocation, including methods, procedures and systems for effect space utilization.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years demonstrated experience performing facilities space management or planning work in campus based institutions (university, medical, science, and engineering or similar)
Proficiency in the following skills and knowledge:
- Knowledge of best practices in space management.
- Advanced communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to determine the best way to exchange thoughts and ideas and make presentations, ability to maintain professional and respectful communication during difficult conversations.
- Ability to communicate in a meaningful and succinct manner to diverse audiences.
- Customer service skills and ability to determine what is valued by a customer and how department’s services can best meet customer needs within available resources.
- Strategic thinking skills and ability to build on other people’s ideas to innovate and think of different solutions and approaches.
- Analytical skills to create, interpret, and recommend physical space planning options; Ability to spatially understand how to calculate a customer’s space requirements and fit them into any given space.
- Ability to accept input from multiple sources.
- Ability to generate and coordinate similar and dissimilar data in varying formats, read and generate standard floor plans, and work to solve complex and challenging issues.
- Self-motivated, and able to multitask to effectively organize responsibilities to achieve goals and objectives.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office products, familiarity with AutoCAD or similar drafting applications, familiarity with database entry and report generation from complex interlinked database systems, preference for facility/space management database experience.
Experience in space planning and management for an institution of similar size and complexity.
Experience in using the ARCHIBUS database and AutoCAD programs.
Experience recommending space planning initiatives and managing space database and reporting.