|Stony Brook is one of America’s most dynamic public universities. We are a center of academic excellence and an internationally recognized research institution that offers all students a world-class education.|
Design Project Manager:
• Serve as the University’s design project manager during the design portion of assigned projects.
• Lead project planning & design meetings and maintain project files.
• Direct the preparation of schematic, design development, and construction documents by outside A/E firms on select capital projects.
• Coordinate design materials, and support assigned Project/Construction Managers.
• Coordinate project material documents and communications with other Campus Planning Design & Construction (CPDC) staff, Campus Operations and Maintenance (COM), Fire Marshals, Code Officials and other University officials.
• Review document submissions for conformance with University Campus Standards and SUCF program directives.
• Space planning, organizing, and documenting the development of all University spaces and land use for capital projects.
• Assist with long-term capital planning and master plans.
• Assist with site planning and utilities planning initiatives.
• Make space utilization recommendations.
• Lead architectural and engineering consultant feasibility studies for selected projects and prepare programming information to communicate with stakeholders.
• Assist the Director of Capital Planning with required coordination with the State University Construction Fund (SUCF), Dormitory Authority of New York State (DASNY), other New York State and Suffolk County regulatory agencies.
Budgeting and Scheduling:
• Assist the Director of Capital Planning in developing conceptual budgets and scheduling for current and future capital projects.
• Evaluate issues that could compromise project success and develop strategies to mitigate them.
Lead RFQ Process:
• Develop Requests for Qualifications (RFQ) for consulting services.
• Review and evaluate RFQ material and brochures submitted by potential consultants.
• Participate in design consultant selection committees.
• Attend design consultant interviews.
• Perform reference checks for selected Design Consultant firms.
• Conduct detailed constructability evaluation of A.E submissions.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities as Assigned:
• Other duties or projects as assigned as appropriate to rank and departmental mission.
Required Qualifications (as evidenced by an attached resume):
Bachelor’s Degree (foreign equivalent or higher). Five (5) years of progressively responsible, directly related experience in an institutional setting or in a professional design firm servicing institutional clients. Experience with the development of architectural and/or engineering design documents, building codes, programming, and planning. Experience managing design projects and facilities related to space planning. Experience with project administrative and financial accountability. Experience interpreting analytical data and providing detailed analysis of building efficiencies. Highly skilled in Microsoft Office Suite. Must have, keep and maintain the appropriate valid NYS Driver’s License; have a motor vehicle record which is free from major violations or a pattern of repeat violations. (***Out-of-State Applicants, see “Special Notes”).
For more information and to apply, visit: https://apptrkr.com/2083817