Salary: Salary Based Upon Expereience
Stanford University Residential and Dining Enterprises
Founded in 1891, Stanford University is among the top academic institutions in the country, excelling in a wide range of fields from the humanities to information technology to the health sciences and medicine. The university is located near Palo Alto, 35 miles south of San Francisco, on an 8,800-acre campus.
Residential & Dining Enterprises, the largest auxiliary organization at Stanford University, supports the academic mission of the University by providing the highest quality services to students and other members of the university community. The Department has an annual operating budget of over $206 million, oversees a 5 million sq. ft. physical plant across the campus, and provides housing for over 12,000 students, serves over 18,000 daily meals at 30 dining and retail locations and over 500,000 meals at Athletic Concessions events, and hosts 20,000 conference guests annually. Additionally, R&DE comprises 660 FTE staff in the following divisions: the Office of the Senior Associate Vice Provost, Student Housing, Stanford Dining, Stanford Hospitality & Auxiliaries, Stanford Conferences, and a team of R&DE strategic business partners: Finance & Administration, Human Resources, and Information Technology.
“Students (Customers) First” is the mantra of R&DE and our strategic goals reflect our commitment to delivering quality and excellence to our constituents every day. In R&DE, “Excellence is defined by aligning our strategic goals and performance with our vision.”
• Achieves division’s operational objectives by providing MEP technical recommendations to plans and reviews; preparing and executing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and industry appropriate standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining process improvements; implementing changes.
• Drives financial objectives by forecasting program requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling outlays; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions and policy changes.
• Accomplishes optimal staffing levels by defining resource needs, recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, coaching, counseling, and executing progressive discipline action in supervision with employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
• Grows the team and department by providing strong supervision, mentorship, training and support the development career development plans as the department’s SME in MEP design and construction.
• Enhances the program team and organization reputation by exploring opportunities to add value to the overall department mission.
• Updates and maintains job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; membership in professional organizations and training to junior staff.
• A bachelor’s degree in a related field (Construction Management, Mechanical/ Electrical/ Civil Engineering, etc.)
• Minimum of eight years of progressively responsible experience in Construction Management with an emphasis in Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing systems design and construction.
• Extensive experience supervising and mentoring diverse, multifunctional teams
• Experience organizing, directing, and managing a portfolio of construction projects often involving multiple, complex, and interrelated project tasks.
• Experience successfully managing firm fixed price and cost plus contracts
• Experience effectively communicating at senior levels within a formal organization.
• Experience meeting with customer and contractor personnel to formulate and review task plans and deliverable items, and effectively execute in accordance with approved plans.
Qualifications Requires Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, and eight to fifteen years of related onsite construction experience including management experience.