Come join Bora!
Bora Architecture & Interiors is an office of dynamic and innovative individuals with unique backgrounds, personalities and experiences, all brought together by the common goal of cultivating meaningful architecture that transforms lives. By embracing our collective talent, we invite craft, innovation, sustainability and positive social impact to resonate in our work.
We are committed to taking care of our people. We celebrate diversity and believe everyone brings something unique to our culture. Driven by a commitment to an inclusive and equitable workplace, we have established community agreements that infuse our internal and external communication with respect for one another.
Together, we thrive in an environment of learning enriched by office-wide design critiques and structured mentorship opportunities. Our principals mix with our interns, each of us embracing the value of new ideas and fresh perspectives. We are actively engaged in serving our community–our sights ever set on design’s potential to build a better future for all. Among our many recognitions, we are most proud of our Firm of the Year Award given by the AIA Northwest and Pacific Region–an honor that speaks to our people-first culture, innovative practice and design leadership.
To learn more about our company please visit our website, www.bora.co
– Manage project teams to guide overall progress toward milestones
– Establish and maintain project schedules and staffing work plans
– Negotiate fees and scopes of work with clients and consultants
– Maintain mentoring relationships with junior staff
– Participate in business development activities including preparing proposals and interviewing for new commissions
– Lead clients, building users and community groups through programming process
– Collaborate with clients, consultants and contractors in support of project design goals
Bora Architecture & Interiors is seeking an energetic, self-motivated project leader who shares our values of positive social impact, sustainable innovation and forward-thinking design to join our growing practice in Portland.
Candidates should demonstrate the capacity to lead teams through the design process for mid to large scale institutional projects from concept to construction. We are looking for architects who have experience managing teams and working closely with clients on education projects, K-12 or higher education. Candidates should have a broad understanding of the profession, leveraging their skills, knowledge and mentoring abilities to achieve outstanding design results for clients and impactful learning opportunities for Bora staff.
– Accredited degree in architecture
– 12+ years professional architecture experience including significant K-12 and/or higher education projects
– Capacity to manage complex projects
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Ability to build positive and productive relationships with clients
– Preferred software skills include Deltek, Microsoft Office Suite and Bluebeam plus familiarity with Revit and InDesign
– Knowledge and commitment to high performance sustainable design
– Familiarity with jurisdictional review processes
– Commitment to equity, inclusion and design justice
– Strong leadership, organization and time management skills
To Apply please send your letter of interest, resume and portfolio to email@example.com. In order to counter implicit bias in our recruitment process, we ask that candidates not include headshots in their application.