Salary: $120,000 - $150,000 based on depth and breadth of experience.
Reference Number: 17478
American University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively “Protected Bases”) in its programs and activities.
Working under minimal direct supervision, the Senior Project Manager is responsible for managing the entire capital project delivery process. The position is responsible for maintaining the project scope within the approved budget and schedule and coordinating and facilitating submissions to jurisdictional authorities. The position coordinates and maintains relationships with the client and stakeholders. The position is responsible for project reporting.
– Project Management: The Senior Project Manager is responsible for management of the entire project delivery process including design, construction, occupancy and close-out phases of new building and renovation projects. The Senior PM facilitates and tracks communications throughout the project and develops and maintains project schedules and budgets and communicates to senior leadership issues affecting project program, budget, scope, timeline or delivery. The Senior PM is also responsible for project quality control and oversees contracts for all contractors, design/engineering consultants, site surveys, owner testing and additional specialty consulting as necessary.
– Financial & Schedule Management: The Senior Project Manager is responsible to maintain the project scope within the approved budget and schedule and coordinate and lead a value engineering process throughout the project duration. The Senior Project Manager is also responsible for project cost control, develops and monitors project cash flow projections and provides budget updates to senior leaders. The Senior PM reviews proposed change orders, and reviews and authorizes payments within appropriate signing authority.
– Regulatory Approvals: Working with multiple internal and external parties, the Senior Project Manager coordinates and facilitates submissions to jurisdictional authorities for permitting and ensures compliance with regulations and all authorities having jurisdiction. The Senior PM also arranges for all jurisdictional authorities’ inspections necessary to secure the Certificate of Occupancy in an expeditious manner.
Design and construction of LEED certified buildings.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
– Full time
– Function Leader B
Required Education and Experience
– 15 years of directly relevant work experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
– 15 years of experience on construction sites, preferably in a higher education setting.
– Master’s degree
– Familiarity with AutoCAD, BIM, and or other electronic building information systems.
– Familiarity with design and construction processes, codes, ordinances, and project permitting and
approvals within the District of Columbia.
– Experience developing campus and facility plans, and developing and managing large renovation and
new construction ranging in size from $15m – $50m.
– Demonstrated ability to manage multiple large projects at different phases of development
– Highly developed analytical and problem solving skills and ability to facilitate and manage groups or
teams, preferably in a higher education setting directly for an intuitional owner
– Ability to drive excellence and high performance within staff and teams
– Excellent communication skills. Ability to work with diverse constituencies and commitment to diversity
and to serving the needs of a diverse organization. Ability to negotiate and resolve confrontational issues
as they arise. Familiarity with design and construction processes and with City, State, and Federal codes
and ordinances. Ability to develop and maintain project budgets, cash flow projections and schedules.
– Skills in interpreting architectural and construction contracts. Demonstrated ability to manage large
projects ranging in size from $15m – $50m.
– Excellent analytical, communication, and presentation.
– An ability to identify and implement change.
– Additional Eligibility Qualifications
– Hiring offers for this position are contingent on successful completion of a background check.
– To ensure the health and safety of our community AU requires COVID-19 vaccinations for faculty and
PLEASE APPLY VIA OUR PORTAL USING THE FOLLOWING LINK:
– Click here to learn about American University’s unique benefit options
Current American University Employees:
If you are a current full-time or part-time staff member at American University, please log into AsuccessfulU through the myAU portal. Once in AsuccessfulU, please select the Careers tile which will take you to our internal career page.
For more information or assistance with the American University careers site, email firstname.lastname@example.org.