Salary: The hiring range for this position is $90,688 - $120,141 annually.
Reference Number: 46876
Washington University in St. Louis
Washington University in St. Louis mission is to discover and disseminate knowledge, and protect the freedom of inquiry through research, teaching and learning.
1. Assist in developing site specific planning strategies with senior leadership. Support the strategic efforts through delivering detailed analysis for productivity and efficiency for projects as well as long-term estimates. Also, ensure effective development within the assigned processes and procedures. Conduct needs assessment and offer solutions for efficiency.
2. Provide planning support for planning projects, i.e. project management and ensure effective transition of space planning efforts to project implementation, supporting a successful project workflow.
3. Plans complex space and physical construction for various WUSM facilities, including comprehensive development of space plans to accommodate staffing and other unique business requirements. Presents and participate in highly demanding negotiations with business units and implements programming and conceptual planning activities aligned with WUSM Senior Administration directives and plans, including solution recommendations to maximize space and productivity meeting the challenges of WUSM Research, Teaching and Clinical groups.
4. Schedules complex planning projects, monitors work in progress and completes all documentation related to these efforts utilizing assigned technology, tools, process and templates.
5. Plan, develop and enhance the existing training and development programs for the FMD staff in support of the planning leadership as well as for customer communications (presentations) in support of the program office.
6. Recommend, educate and enforce space guidelines or standards, procedures and protocols. Provide reports and metrics to measure department effectiveness.
7. Serve as a lead ambassador of the department by promoting a positive image through courtesy, professionalism and diplomacy.
8. Perform special projects as required.
Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, planning or engineering (Electrical, Mechanical or Civil). 10 years of experience in physical planning. Clinical planning experience required.
Online Application, Resume and Coverletter.