About Ayers Saint Gross
Ayers Saint Gross is an internationally recognized design firm with expertise in architecture, planning, landscape architecture, graphic design, interior architecture, and space analytics. Since our founding in 1912, we have built a reputation for designing environments of enduring value. The focus of our expertise and most of our work supports mission-driven clients, particularly colleges, universities, and cultural institutions. Our design approach is inspired by a critical and analytical discourse, a respect for past wisdom, a mind to future potential, and a belief that we have an obligation to leave places better than we found them. Our mission is to engage people and places to create designs that enrich our world. With over 180 professionals, we are headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland with offices in Washington, DC and Tempe, Arizona.
We are looking for an experienced architect and planner to join our campus planning practice. In this role, the Senior Planner and Project Manager will manage internal project teams and external consultants to deliver quality planning and design solutions and provide excellent service to our clients. Projects typically overlap the disciplines of planning, architecture, urban design, landscape architecture, and graphic design, and staff are usually working on more than one project at a time. The ideal candidate has demonstrated interest and experience in higher education.
We are particularly interested in professionals with interest and experience in sciences and health sciences to support our national expertise in this area. Health science projects typically include campus planning for academic medical centers and health sciences campuses, health sciences-focused research master plans, and planning for health sciences schools such as Medicine and Pharmacy.
This position will be eligible for a hybrid work arrangement with the expectation that approximately 50% of the time will be spent working in an Ayers Saint Gross office, at a client site, or at off-site locations for company-sponsored events as needed. We are also open to remote work arrangements for the right candidate.
The Senior Planner and Project Manager is an energetic professional and problem solver who is passionate about creating places with lasting value to society, places where people connect with one another as well as uncover and share knowledge that changes their lives and the lives of others. They desire to work towards more sustainable and inclusive environments in higher education. They will manage multi-disciplinary teams on a wide range of project types including master planning, space programming, feasibility studies, and urban design at multiple scales (city/site/building).
Candidate will work on a variety of tasks including:
– Manage projects independently including scope development, contracts, and invoicing.
– Design and implement stakeholder engagement processes that blend in-person and virtual formats, including surveys, focus groups, open forums, etc.
– Conduct analysis to inform design decisions and synthesize analysis provided by technical experts.
– Develop and review design and planning concepts independently and with project teams, including guiding junior staff in their work to advance concept development.
– Act as the primary point of contact with clients, internal project teams, and external consultants.
– Facilitate workshops with clients to share and refine concepts.
– Articulate space needs outcomes and provide concepts that meet identified needs.
– Create presentation materials, including graphics.
– Develop content for final documentation including reports, websites, videos, etc.
– Actively participate in marketing and business development activities.
– Bachelor’s (required) or Master’s (preferred) degree in combination of Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Planning, and/or Urban Design.
– 5-10 years of relevant experience.
– Experience managing project teams, including engagement and project finances.
– Software skills including Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), AutoCAD, SketchUp, Rhino and/or 3D Studio Max, and GIS desirable.
– Strong written and verbal communications skills.
– Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
– Exceptional graphic communication abilities.
– Excellent quantitative and analytical skills.
– Ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously.
– Ability to collaborate on large teams as well as work independently.
– Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
– Capacity for regular project-related and inter-office travel (when public health and safety conditions allow).
Why Work at Ayers Saint Gross?
– We are a design-driven firm working with exceptional clients.
– We are an employee-owned company, with over 100 years of design excellence.
– We encourage our employees to pursue local and professional advocacy groups.
– We provide the opportunity to help with pro-bono initiatives that bring Architecture to the community.
ASG is a respected leader in the community offering comprehensive benefits and a highly energized work environment. For additional information and to apply online, please visit our website at www.ayerssaintgross.com.
As part of the Health and Safety protocols at Ayers Saint Gross, effective January 4, 2022, all US-based new hires, including interns will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a valid medical or religious exemption from receiving a COVID-19 vaccine.
Ayers Saint Gross is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran.
Please submit an application via our website: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/898667/Ayers-Saint-Gross-Inc/Senior-Planner-and-Project-Manager
Resume and Portfolio