Towson University (TU) is one of the nation’s top 100 public universities. Located north of Baltimore, TU currently enrolls over 22,000 students and is the second-largest university in the prestigious University System of Maryland. Towson University values diversity and fosters a climate that is grounded in respect and inclusion to cultivate the intellectual and personal growth of the entire university community.
The Senior Facilities Planner will provide development, coordination, and implementation of campus planning projects. In addition, this role will evaluate and develop plans to address campus space needs though space reallocations, alterations, renovations, and new construction. This position will be critical in developing programing documents, space and resources studies, and assisting in the development on the Campus Master Plan.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Plans, develops, and designs campus space layouts and campus construction projects.
• Reviews capital construction project designs to ensure planning program objectives are achieved.
• Designs planning and drawing documents for campus construction projects.
• Assists the Director of Planning in the coordination and development of the campus master plan updates, Part I and Part II programs and other planning documents.
• Works to ensure planning projects meet end user requirements, institutional goals, and strategic mission.
• Designs, procures, and coordinates the delivery of furniture, fixtures, and equipment for campus projects.
• Assists the Director in the preparation of submissions to the University System of Maryland to support the University’s capital and systems funded budget requests, space reporting requirements and miscellaneous planning supporting documentation for capital projects.
• Coordinates and manages the completion of campus sign requests, landscape improvements, and other facilities projects as needed to support campus initiatives.
• All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field and six years of related work experience.
• Experience in a higher education setting and Part I and Part II programming preferred.
Salary and Benefits
Competitive salary and full University benefits that include 22 days of annual leave, up to 14 holidays, personal and sick days; excellent health, life, and retirement plans; and tuition remission.
This position will be open for a minimum of 14 days. For consideration, please submit a cover letter and resume with your online application.
The safety of our students, faculty, staff, and neighbors has been our top priority and the focus of every one of our decisions since the earliest days of the COVID-19 pandemic. The University System of Maryland (USM) has recently determined that mandating a COVID vaccine for all faculty, staff, and students at all schools in the USM is both a reasonable and necessary means of protecting our health and safety. As a prospective hire at TU, proof of your full COVID19 vaccination must be demonstrated before you begin employment with the University.
Link to Apply: https://towson.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=210000VR&lang=en