Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
• Lead the strategic planning, portfolio management, and performance measurement functions for O&OE, including planning process development, execution, and optimization.
• Create an environment for collaboration among diverse audiences and lead the coordination for Annual Planning, Scope of Work Prioritization, and Unit Engagement.
• Partner with World Campus units to facilitate the development and articulation of broad goals and objectives that have University-wide impact; develop, evaluate, enhance, and implement quality improvement practices, processes, procedures, or policies that have a strategic impact on University operations.
• Partner with Outreach units to facilitate the development and articulation of broad goals and objectives that have University-wide impact; develop, evaluate, enhance, and implement quality improvement practices, processes, procedures, or policies that have a strategic impact on University operations.
• Lead, manage, and coach assigned staff by demonstrating effective team-building and communication skills. Establish a positive, welcoming and high-performing work environment by providing direct and constructive feedback and direction to the Strategic Planning and Assessment team for the execution of the Unit’s established project portfolios and the identification and reporting of key performance indicators for objectives and tactics across Outreach and Online Education units.
• Collaborate with the Office of Planning, Assessment and Institutional Research to ensure, enhance, and report on alignment with the University Strategic Plan.
• Oversee and provide guidance on the development of processes and procedures for collecting, compiling, analyzing and presenting internal and external information and data relevant to the World Campus and Outreach strategic plans.
• Lead World Campus cross-functional work-planning and execution initiatives to identify and execute on top operational priorities and improve organizational efficiency.
• Provide strategic planning leadership to Penn State Outreach and oversee the development and execution of an ongoing performance measurement plan, including reporting.
• Collaborate with unit leaders to support the successful execution of the projects identified and prioritized.
Typically requires a Master’s degree or higher, plus eight years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience working in higher education, including management experience with increasing levels of responsibility is preferred. The successful candidate must be able to operate on a strategic level and demonstrate the ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and timelines; bring diverse audiences together to meet common goals; demonstrated evidence of a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion, and belonging; have demonstrated ability to successfully organize and lead large complex projects; and demonstrate proven ability to influence and lead teams. This position requires the capacity to originate change, impact results and foster a continuous quality improvement environment, as well as the ability to effectively work with staff at all levels of the organization. The individual in this position should be self-directing and comfortable being held accountable for ensuring success of outcomes, operating in ambiguity and changing situations, and with facilitation of high-impact work teams. Effective communication skills are essential to success in this role. This position is based out of University Park, PA and offers the flexibility to work remotely either permanently or on occasion. For a remote assignment to be considered, the selected candidate must be able to demonstrate strong evidence and experience of leading and directing work teams from a remote location.
Apply online at https://apptrkr.com/2272165