University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Please see complete job description below.
Senior Director of Operations
Facilities and Services
University of Illinois at Urbana/Champaign
Facilities & Services (F&S) at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign is accepting applications for a Senior Director of Operations. The Senior Director supports the Executive Director by providing coordination and administrative oversight for administrative functions including Information Technology, Finance, Human Resources and Communication and Customer Relation. This position will also assume responsibility for the cleaning operations of the University as well as Transportation and the Waste Transfer Station. In addition, reporting to this position is the function of Health and Safety and Environmental Compliance.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit go.illinois.edu/EEO.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides leadership and management to all units included within the Deputy Executive Director areas of responsibility.
2. Supports and advances the Diversity and Inclusion plans for Facility and Services.
3. Assumes oversight of a comprehensive and multi-disciplinary campus program for occupational Health and Safety, Industrial Hygiene and Environmental Compliance.
4. Assists the University in compliance with Federal, State, local and institution regulations and policies for students, staff, faculty and visitors.
5. Responsible for planning and implementing a communication strategy and a customer service focus for Facility and Service that lead to the continuous improvements of its brand.
6. Oversees managerial and administrative support for planning, budgeting and financial resources.
7. Provides human resources support to Facility and Services including job searches, hiring, payroll, labor relation, etc.
8. Oversees the provision of Information Technology services such as Network support and Server Administration, application development, hardware and software maintenance.
9. Develops service levels and benchmarking measures as well as Key Performance Indicators for cleaning services.
10. Strategically monitor the self-supporting Facilities and Services Transportation and Automotive service operation. Also, create and apply University fleet policies.
11. Serve on campus committees and panels as needed.
12. Represents Facilities & Services and the Urbana Campus with external organizations as necessary.
13. Communicate and work with a large number of internal and external stakeholders in a collaborative manner to represent Facility and Services and the University as needed. Oversees the execution of all Capital Projects to ensure completion on time and on budget with the expected quality.
14. Accountable for the operating and capital budgets in his / her area of responsibility and ensures adherence to the budget guidelines, procurement code and delivering service on budget.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Required: Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, Business, Finance or Human Resources.
Preferred: Graduate studies in the respective field is an asset.
Graduate Master or Ph.D. in the field of expertise.
1. Ten years of progressively responsible administrative and supervisory experience in facility management in Universities.
2. Ability to delegate and supervise the work of Transportation and Building Services, Administration and Public Relation, and Safety and Environmental Compliance and its support staff, work effectively with academic individuals and groups on a variety of issues, and handle numerous issues simultaneously and meet required and sometime difficult deadlines; possess strong communication skills – both verbal and written.
3. Possess strong leadership skills to influence change, deal with resistance to change and lead large teams towards strategic goals.
4. Ability to support the Executive Director as a problem solver ad dealing with conflicts.
Preferred: Experience in the field of facility management at a major research University in North America.
To ensure full consideration, please create your candidate profile at jobs.illinois.edu and upload your cover letter, resume, copy of undergraduate transcripts, and the names/contact information for three professional references by August 27, 2019. Applicants may be interviewed before August 27, 2019; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date.
The start date is as soon as possible after the close of the search. Salary is commensurate with demonstrated ability and experience. This is a full-time 12-month academic professional appointment.
For further information regarding application procedures, contact Keri Frederick at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
Please see complete job description above.