Reference Number: 102289
University of Maryland College Park
Facilities Management (FM) supports the University of Maryland in its mission of achieving excellence as the State’s primary center of research and graduate education and the institution of choice for undergraduate students of exceptional ability and promise. We are responsible for the physical campus – its academic, research and administrative spaces, the building infrastructure, and the surrounding landscape. Our workforce of about 800 employees brings a rich diversity of backgrounds, talents and skills to the management of this complex environment. We serve the campus community twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days per year.
Supports the Director, Facilities Planning, and is responsible for the preparation of planning assignments that include facilities space allocation, space planning utilization studies, space plans and campus development initiatives. This position works closely with assigned college/divisional facilities representatives, staff from the Provost’s Office and administrative units.
Space Planning Projects
● Conducts space audits to evaluate and determine efficient use and reallocation of campus space through analysis of building use data, classroom schedules, assessment of facilities condition and short term and long-term institutional goals.
● Develops scenario plans and makes recommendations for efficient use of interior and exterior campus space.
● Develops comprehensive space planning reports and facility use studies for functional alignment, new initiatives, space consolidation, vacated spaces from new facilities, end user requests, and utilization and efficiency initiatives of university facilities.
● Works with FM units and other campus groups to develop renovation and construction projects that prioritizes the highest and best use of campus resources and maximizes benefit to the university.
● Develops facility programs for campus initiatives and projects.
● Provides support for strategic planning and campus master plan initiatives. Helps to coordinate campus precinct studies, wayfinding, and other exterior land use studies.
● Assists and helps to coordinate applicable campus sustainability initiatives into facilities planning projects.
● Assists in the assessment and development of campus pedestrian pathways, ADA accessibility, transportation networks, and other plans as needed.
B.S. degree in Planning, Architecture, Urban Planning, Engineering, Construction Management, Interior Design, or closely related field.
A minimum of seven (7) years of experience in space planning, architecture, and/or interior design.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
Excellent space planning, analytical and problem-solving skills.
Microsoft Suite experience (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Visual LT FM skills or willing to accept training.
Graphic design software (Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, other).
Strong customer relations skills with excellent oral and written communications.
Strong interpersonal, collaboration, team working and team building skills.
Highly developed communication, organizational, documentation, and presentation skills
Ability to handle multiple tasks, conflicting priorities, and work with unknown variables.
Ability to analyze data and produce reports with attention to detail.
Knowledge and experience in understanding facilities inventory system/process and the space planning guidelines process.
To apply, go to ejobs.umd.edu and search for #102289
Cover letter, Resume and 3 professional references