Reference Number: 112467109
Bentley University, founded in 1917, is a private college of business and liberal arts.
Job Description Summary
Reporting to the Executive Director, Financial Planning & Budgeting the Senior Analyst, Financial Planning serves as an integral member of Bentley’s Administration & Finance Division. This role will provide financial and strategic analysis across all of the university’s divisions. The Senior Analyst, Financial Planning will create analysis, models and plans including program analysis, performance management, scenario plans, competitive analysis, cost/benefit reviews and other financial planning tasks in order to successfully support Bentley’s strategic plan and operations.
• Partner with the Assistant Budget Director on the annual budget development process to inform long-range financial planning and participate in the university quarterly forecasting process
• Engage in the long-term university financial planning process and the creation of the 5-year financial plan including operating results, capital investments and cash flows
• Collaborate with Executive Director, Institutional Research and Enrollment Management to develop a multi-year net revenue model for both undergraduate and graduate tuition and financial aid
• Set a framework for managing new business investments, resource allocations, business planning, operations and performance measurement
• Provide management team with insightful decision//business analysis Understand and monitor competitive landscape, including business strategies, cost structures and key performance indicators (KPI’s)
• Partner with others in Financial Operations to accurately submit and review financial data to external reporting agencies
• Develop and document university cost allocations; create analyses of university areas on a direct and indirect cost basis
• Provide a high level of service that cultivates and maintains strong working relationships and effectively communicates information
• Assist university community on financial transactions, budgets and plans
• Act as a thought-partner, creating strategic financial analysis to support decision making; create both qualitative and quantitative reports and presentations for distribution to university stakeholders: analyze strategic and operational opportunities
• Partner with university directors and leadership to develop strategies and tactics for financial performance improvement; to include financial goal development based on organizational targets and external benchmarks
• Willingly adapt to organizational change and model commitment to professional development and continuous improvement
• Ability to manage large data sets; understand, interpret and identify patterns and trends in data
• In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field with 5-7 years of financial analysis/planning or business experience.
• Strong working knowledge of accounting and financial principles and the ability to develop, analyze and communicate financial information at an institution of higher education
• High proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, and a demonstrated ability to employ multiple systems in the tracking, modeling and analysis of financial information.
• Facility and comfort with developing anticipated outcomes based on limited data and evolving assumptions
• Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, presentation skills, and the presence to interact with senior leadership
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Workday and Adaptive Insights experience a plus
• Typical office setting with extensive sitting and computer work
Bentley University requires references checks and may conduct other pre-employment screening.
Bentley University strives to create a campus community that welcomes the exchange of ideas, and fosters a culture that values differences and views them as a strength in our community.
Bentley University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, building strength through diversity. The University is committed to building a community of talented students, faculty and staff who reflect the diversity of global business. We strongly encourage applications from persons from underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities, covered veterans and those with diverse experiences and backgrounds.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/