Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Reference Number: PVN: VC-2204-004701
The City University of New York (CUNY) is the nation’s leading urban public university serving 275,000 degree-seeking students. CUNY is comprised of 25 institutions: eleven senior colleges, seven community colleges, and seven graduate, honors and professional institutions in 300 buildings across the five boroughs.
CUNY’s Office of Facilities Planning, Construction and Management (FPCM) seeks a professional to work in the Real Estate Transactions group. The Real Estate Associate will oversee lease negotiations, lease administration, development and administration of public private partnerships and the financial management of CUNY’s lease portfolio and CUNY’s public-private partnership portfolio.
Salary: Commensurate with Experience and Qualifications
Posting Open until: June 10, 2022, or until filled
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Canvass for new lease space, including site visits.
2. Monitor and communicate with brokers.
3. Coordinate with CUNY’s Office of the General Counsel in negotiating leases.
4. Supervision of estoppels, SNDA’s and any other contractual issues over the life of the leases in coordination with CUNY’s Office of the General Counsel.
5. Administrative management of all landlord/tenant issues for all CUNY leases.
6 Coordination with building representatives on leasing and operational issues.
7. Management of economic development programs.
8. Project coordination for all Public-Private Partnerships.
9. Draft procurement materials for smaller assignments (titles, appraisals).
10. Oversee annual procurement of a real estate comparable service.
11. Coordinate all vendor integrity checks for leases and real estate.
12. New lease and other financial analysis.
13. Assist in development and review of annual leasing budgets.
14. Oversee capital lease buildouts.
15. Create financial analysis of all new lease deals.
16. Prepare various budget forecasts for both NYC and NYS funded leases.
17. Assist in pre-solicitation financial feasibility analysis for public-private partnerships.
18. Develop and track financial proformas of development proposals submitted in response to solicitations for real estate monetization projects.
19. Ensure and improve implementation of internal controls.
20. Maintain financial records or contracts, allocations and payments in maintaining ledgers of accounts and in performing reconciliations.
21. Track annual spending and produce reports of actual spending as needed.
22. Perform various calculations, reports and analysis as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CORE COMPENTENCIES
• Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, economics, business or other related field.
• Experience and skills with PeopleSoft (CUNYfirst).
• Understanding of basic accounting principles and financial/accounting systems.
• Good knowledge of FASB and GASB accounting standards.
• Previous experience with real estate development proformas and lease negotiations.
• Advanced proficiency in Excel.
• Experience in prioritizing projects, meeting deadlines and initiating follow through with meticulous attention to detail and high-level accuracy both individually and in a team setting.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain working relationships with staff, partner agencies, colleges and all other internal and external partners with the utmost professionalism.
TO APPLY: https://www.rfcuny.org/careers/postings?pvnID=VC-2204-004701
OR USE NAVIGATION: www.rfcuny.org > ABOUT > Search & Apply for a Job > Select Category: Managerial and Professional > Click on Link: Real Estate Associate
The Research Foundation of the City University of New York is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Americans with Disabilities Act/Protected Veterans Status/E-Verify Employer
Cover letter and resume.