Salary: Anticipated Hiring Range: $53,944-$78,674
East Carolina University
East Carolina University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Organizational Unit Overview
Facilities Engineering & Architectural Services (FEAS) is a department within Campus Operations. FEAS is responsible for development of the real property of the University. All the traditional services of urban planners, architects, engineers and other design disciplines are managed by the department including design and construction on new buildings and renovations of existing facilities including campus utility infrastructure.
• Provides critical infrastructure and building planning support from an electrical engineering perspective
• Hire and manage external designers and contractors that design and construct or renovate facilities and infrastructure on campus
• Project management of scope, budget, and schedule
• Minimize disruption of on-going University activities
• Work may require considerable contact with user groups or the public to explain standards and regulations, provide consultation and technical assistance, and determine the feasibility of project implementation or continuation
• Work performed includes exercising judgment and decision-making that directly affects life, health, safety and/or the environment.
• Support the electrical engineering needs of other project managers on an as-needed basis.
Bachelor’s degree in the engineering discipline related to the area of assignment; or equivalent combination of training and experience. Some positions may require licensure by the North Carolina Board of Examiners for Engineers and Surveyors. All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education
Prefer registration as a Licensed Electrical Engineer in the state of North Carolina, or ability to obtain it within 12 months of employment, with four or more years experience.
Prefer experience managing projects including building renovations, new construction, infrastructure projects of all types–in-ground and in-facility–in a complex campus environment.
License or Certification required by the Department
A valid NC driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
Special Instructions to Applicant
• Please ensure your full range of knowledge, skills, abilities, experience and education are listed on your application. Do not write ‘see resume’ on your application when completing the job duties section.
• If you answer the questions at the end of the application, please ensure your application reflects the knowledge, skills, abilities and experiences to support your answers (see job duties section of previous employment).
• Failure to answer the questions at the end of the application will not preclude your application from being considered but may result in your application not receiving full consideration of your knowledge, skills, and abilities.
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full time basis.
Application Types Accepted
Applications must be received in the Department of Human Resources by the closing date of 03/20/2020 to be considered. Please submit an online ECU application for vacancy # 400119 to ECU Human Resources at http://www.jobs.ecu.edu.
Visit this job posting at http://ecu.peopleadmin.com/postings/34949