Salary: $49,500.00 to $79,160.00
Reference Number: 510539
The Division of Facilities is an action-oriented service organization within the K-State family. We plan, budget, build, operate, maintain, clean, supply and transport. We are custodians, landscapers, carpenters, plumbers, electricians, mechanics, project managers, engineers, architects, accountants, and administrative professionals — all stewards and leaders of an inspiring campus shared by many.
This position is benefits eligible. Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off – vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the Principles of Community.
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
The Architectural Program/Project Manager will oversee capital and non-capital projects to include project scope, procurement of professional design services, materials delivery process, project scheduling, project budget, working with contractors and customers, contractor bids, invoices, field inspections, monitoring construction progress and project close-out.
• Architectural Bachelor’s Degree and 3 years experience
• 5-7 years of experience in project delivery, experience in a university setting or similar
environment, LEED Accredited professional
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
• Must have strong communication, organization, and leadership skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Microsoft Project, and Auto CAD
• Comfortable in a highly fluid work environment: the ability to manage multiple tasks
• Highly organized: have the ability to plan ahead so as to maximize efficiency based on available
• Ability to travel to on and off-campus locations for business activities
• Must be experienced in multiple contract delivery methods including CM@Risk in addition to
traditional Design/Bid/Build project deliver
• Demonstrated knowledge of the design & delivery of professional A/E services and construction
• Demonstrated knowledge of local codes and standards of design and construction
• General knowledge of building commissioning and Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design
(LEED) certification process
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
• Professional Architect License
• Valid driver’s license with a good driving record
Department: 3670065010 Campus Planning and Proj Mgmt
Job no: 510539
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified – Regular)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Architecture / Construction
Pay Grade: 10A
Please submit the following documents: • Online application • Resume • Cover Letter