Salary: $31 - $32 per hour
Reference Number: 21029
Cures Start Here. At Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home to three Nobel laureates, interdisciplinary teams of world-renowned scientists seek new and innovative ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer, HIV/AIDS and other life-threatening diseases. Fred Hutch’s pioneering work in bone marrow transplantation led to the development of immunotherapy, which harnesses the power of the immune system to treat cancer. An independent, nonprofit research institute based in Seattle, Fred Hutch houses the nation’s first cancer prevention research program, as well as the clinical coordinating center of the Women’s Health Initiative and the international headquarters of the HIV Vaccine Trials Network. Careers Start Here.
At Fred Hutch, we believe that the innovation, collaboration, and rigor that result from diversity and inclusion are critical to our mission of eliminating cancer and related diseases. We seek employees who bring different and innovative ways of seeing the world and solving problems. Fred Hutch is in pursuit of becoming an antiracist organization. We are committed to ensuring that all candidates hired share our commitment to diversity, antiracism, and inclusion.
Our Commitment to Diversity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) Employer. We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability (physical or mental), marital or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We are an Affirmative Action employer. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply and desire priority referrals of protected veterans. If due to a disability you need assistance/and or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request to our Employee Services Center at email@example.com or by calling 206-667-4700.
The Project Coordinator I provides administrative and financial support for the Facilities Planning & Operations department. This requires attention to details and an ability to effectively manage multiple, simultaneous projects. The Facilities Planning & Operations department is a fast-paced environment. The individual in this position must be a self-starter who is pro-active and uses sound judgement to accomplish their duties.
– Process and track requisitions, purchase orders and invoices; maintain simple accounting records. Assist Project Managers in maintaining project budgets and financial reports.
– Manage petty cash, reimbursements and procards
– Organize and maintain capital project metrics
– Manage Departmental work request log; coordinate user communications as needed
– Create reports and presentation materials for various Committees regarding project status
– Manage campus signage program by responding to requests, coordinating vendor proposals & installations, and maintaining signage policies
– Maintain departmental policies and procedures and building standards manuals
– Perform general office duties including: general correspondence, filing, department’s server file management, data and report formatting; maintaining office supplies, and organizing meetings
– Responsible for maintaining the department page on the intranet; maintenance of team software programs & license renewals, aiding with administrative software/training, etc.
– Performs related duties and special projects as assigned
– BA/BS in a related field of study such as business administration, architecture, or construction management. Related experience may be substituted for the degree.
– Minimum of three years of experience in a related field
– Must have good organizational skills, including general office skills (including Excel, word processing) and good written and oral communication
– Excellent time management and organizational skills is critical to success
– Ability to effectively collaborate and problem-solve with peers, and staff within other departments
– Strong verbal and written communication skills
– Independent motivation to support attainment of personal and group goals
– Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
– Demonstrated experience with purchase orders and project-based requisitions, monitoring of multi-year budgets, and maintaining accounting records is preferred
Fred Hutch has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccine requirement, with exceptions only for approved medical or religious accommodations.
As a condition of employment, newly hired employees must provide proof of vaccination or initiate the accommodations process before their first day of employment.
A statement describing your commitment and contributions toward greater diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism in your career or that will be made through your work at Fred Hutch is requested of all finalists.
Please apply on our careers page: https://careers-fhcrc.icims.com/jobs/21029/project-coordinator-i%2c-facilities-planning-%26-operations/job