Bellevue College is a diverse student-centered, comprehensive and innovative college, committed to teaching excellence that advances the life-long educational development of its students while strengthening the economic, social and cultural life of its diverse community. Bellevue College is located just 10 miles east of Seattle where we serve a student population of over 44% students of color and over 1,100 international students. The college promotes student success by providing high-quality, flexible, accessible educational programs and services; advancing pluralism, inclusion and global awareness; and acting as a catalyst and collaborator for a vibrant region.
• Manage overall direction, coordination and evaluation of procurement.
• Set work objectives, direct, supervise and review staff and staff assignments. Conduct annual evaluation of staff.
• Conduct market research and analysis and optimize college negotiations for procurements.
• Prepare reports and post information to webs and other state sites as required.
• Participate in or lead various work groups associated with the ongoing development and enhancement of procurement improvement projects.
• Develop and implement purchasing and p-card training, to include the creation and maintenance of training manuals.
• Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure compliance of all procurement-related activities.
• Work effectively with other agencies or groups necessary to accomplish goals and deliver purchasing services.
• Implement change and develop new processes to better procure goods and services.
• Attend meetings with the legal and finance teams.
• Become a member of the Purchasing Affairs Council and attend meetings.
• Provide periodic reporting on purchasing, controls and processes.
• Demonstrate strong leadership including integrity, accountability, communication skills and commitment to teamwork and excellence in responsibilities.
• Manage the day-to-day operations of the procurement process.
• Manage and review documents for the procurement of all supplies, equipment and services for the college and ensure compliance with policies and procedures, as well as applicable state and federal laws.
• Act as a point of contact between the college and suppliers to ensure contract compliance, negotiate terms and maintain good relationships.
• Create and communicate purchasing-related policies and procedures to college employees, vendors, personnel from other government agencies, and the public.
• Work with College personnel to understand large value purchasing needs and requirements.
• Prepare written documents such as Request for Bids (RFB), Request for Proposals (RFP), Request for Information (RFI), Request for Qualifications (RFQ) and obtain informal quotes, ensuring compliance with college policy, state law and federal law.
• Conduct (or manage the process for) the evaluation of proposals, offers and bids in accordance with policies and procedures, as well as applicable state and federal laws, while selecting the best contractor in accordance with solicitation requirements.
• Negotiate terms and deadlines with contractors and suppliers.
• Work closely with Contracts Manager to prepare final contracts for services.
• Responsible for ensuring records are maintained and procurements are documented from origination through completion.
• Manage and coordinate all aspects of the college’s procurement card program to include the dissemination of program information to various departments and cardholders, program expansion, training, and compliance monitoring.
• Receive and review P-Card applications and approve/reject according to policy.
• Oversee P-card user controls and timely submission of expense reports.
• Establish new Amazon Prime and Office Depot accounts and approve all orders.
• Maintain secure and confidential information. Identify controls to prevent misuse.
• Troubleshoot and resolve system-related issues requiring advanced technical knowledge.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Associates Degree in Business or Accounting. Relevant experience may be substituted for the education requirement on a day-for-day basis
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbal and written
• Experience with Microsoft Office suite applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
• Must have a demonstrated commitment to pluralism
• Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter, work independently, anticipate work needs and follow through with minimum direction
• Demonstrated ability to perform at high levels in a fast-paced environment
• Experience negotiating commercial purchases
• Experience managing projects
• Demonstrated ability to develop and administer trainings.