Salary: $88,611 - $121,836
Reference Number: J0819-0304
University of Ottawa
The University of Ottawa is the largest bilingual university in the world, where it is possible for students to study in English, in French, or in both languages. Located in the capital of Canada, a G7 nation, we have ready access to the great institutions of our country.
Our breakthroughs in health, science, social sciences and the humanities attract global attention, reflecting our ranking among Canada’s top 10 research universities and our ongoing drive to discover.
Advises on strategic campus planning, space management (laboratory and office) and project planning. Assists the senior director in preparing feasibility studies, business cases, project plans, briefs and estimates. Also assists with stakeholder engagement and communication plans for a wide range of Facilities initiatives. Manages the Planning team’s workload and serves as a key link with other Facilities and University departments, to receive timely project approval and funding, and transfer projects for execution.
• Ten years’ experience in campus and land use planning, facility planning, project planning or
facility and space management
• Professional accreditation in one (or more) of the above fields (an asset)
• Emotional intelligence
• Independence, assertiveness and levelheadedness, with ability to pursue ideas with determination
and maintain a steady pace in the face of pressure, change and conflicting priorities
• Ability to manage a small team and work with external consultants
• Experience in retaining professional services through recognized procurement practices
• Experience with space management and project planning software (e.g., CAD, Revit, Maximo,
Archibus, Microsoft Project, etc.)
• Ability to write, review and present documents (reports, presentations, etc.) and obtain senior
• Experience in data analysis
• Experience in interpreting, explaining and applying policies, standards, codes and procedures
• Experience with specialized, technical buildings and installations (an asset)
• Visionary, strategic outlook with an eye for detail
• Negotiation, conflict resolution and interpersonal skills
• Bilingualism — French/English (spoken and written)
Please apply on our website: http://www.uOttawa.ca/human-resources/jobs