If you want to be at the cutting edge of research and innovation, in the heart of the city, consider joining Boston University. BU is one of the largest private employers in Boston, with almost 10,000 faculty and staff on a dynamic, vibrant campus that is shaping the future of education.
The planner works as part of a team that helps shape the vision for the development of Boston University’s three primary campuses. The position will perform a variety of planning related duties that focus on gathering and evaluating data and producing reports. The planner will engage with a diverse group of University stakeholders and outside consultants.
– Under the direction of the manager of campus planning, the planner will work with university stakeholders to develop and document the requirements as part of feasibility studies that could lead to major renovations or new construction projects.
– Critically analyze and evaluate the needs identified in project materials including space programs and test fits within the context of identified resources, facility assets, and campus priorities.
– Organizational support for project team and project meetings, including developing schedules, sending notifications, drafting agendas, and taking and distributing notes.
– Support planning studies by gathering information through site visits and various university sources on space and facility uses. Coordinate research and analysis with primary internal and external data sources.
– Appreciating that Boston University has a large, diverse and complex inventory of facilities, engage with the appropriate stakeholders in developing project materials including, but not limited to, IS&T, Sustainability and colleagues in Campus Planning & Operations
– Using the collected data, clearly communicate the goals and recommendations through the development of reporting on the quantitative and qualitative reasoning for recommendations being made.
– Strategically analyze and balance the needs of competing initiatives on all three primary campuses with consideration of alignment to the core mission of the University, Climate Action Plan, and other stated priorities of Boston University.
– Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to develop project plans and proposals. Engage with outside architects and planners as a campus resource supporting the project.
– Develop and maintain productive relationships within the University and broader design and planning community in Boston.
– Attendance at and logistical coordination for university and community meetings, including preparation of presentation materials.
– General administrative support, including editing and formatting of documents, preparing contracts, processing invoices, and providing overall support for the department.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Please apply directly on our website: https://bu.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&jobid=303371&source=ONLINE&JobOwner=1017570&company_id=15509&version=1&byBusinessUnit=NULL&bycountry=0&bystate=0&byRegion=&bylocation=NULL&keywords=planner&byCat=&proximityCountry=&postalCode=&radiusDistance=&isKilometers=&tosearch=yes&city=