Florida Atlantic University
Florida Atlantic University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action/equal access institution and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status or other protected status. Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711.
FAU is committed to the principles of engaged teaching, research and service. All persons aspiring to achieve excellence in the practice of these principles are encouraged to apply.
Florida Atlantic University is seeking a Physical Plant Night Janitorial Supervisor, Boca Raton, FL.
With over 30,000 students from all 50 states and over 180 countries, 21 intercollegiate teams, 180 plus degree programs, and an administration that thrives on discovery and excellence, FAU is pushing the boundaries of higher education. Florida Atlantic’s faculty and staff are trailblazers and innovators with a passion for finding creative solutions while advancing science, art, and technology in all disciplines. Our work environment is a hub of cultures from across the nation and the world, making FAU a place where collaboration flourishes.
Summary of Responsibilities Include:
• Inspect custodial work to ensure that it meets contract requirements and may recommend actions of workers engaged in evening janitorial services.
• Work with, and have full understanding of the FAMIS Work Order System.
• Maintains records, prepares reports relative to the night shift personnel.
• Makes rounds to check for crew coverage of designated work areas, assigns needed coverage, gives special cleaning instructions and/or assignments, and ascertains compliance with directives.
• Confers with contracted supervisors to resolve custodial and personnel problems.
• May recommend changes to procedures in order to improve custodial operations.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
High School diploma or equivalent and ten years of appropriate experience in cleaning industry is required.
Previous working experience as a custodial supervisor required.
May be required to work during an emergency affecting the university.
Must be able to work flexible hours.
Must possess a valid Florida driver’s license.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
Strong Supervisory skills. Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively, manage time effectively and prioritize assignments.
Ability to positively accept and manage change and communicate these changes in a positive manner to team members.
Abilities to react quickly and correctly in critical situations.
Strong organizational skills, problem solving skills and ability to coordinate multiple tasks.
Use expert communication to establish a common understanding for project expectations by all members of the team.
Professional demeanor and ability to safeguard confidential information.
Staff supervision is a responsibility. Employee must be reliable, regular attendance and punctuality.
Bilingual in English and Spanish or Creole is preferred.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs such as Word and Excel.
For more information and to apply, visit www.fau.edu/jobs and go to Apply Now (REQ07546).