Reference Number: 1614967
California State University, Dominguez Hills
|California State University, Dominguez Hills, was established in 1960 and is one of the 23 campuses that comprise The California State University system. CSU Dominguez Hills is an urban, comprehensive public university that serves a culturally rich, diverse student body of over 12,500 students at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Located on a 346-acre site in the South Bay portion of the greater Los Angeles metropolitan area, CSU Dominguez Hills has a highly pluralistic student body, which includes a significant number of non-traditional, working adult students as well as approximately 2,000 students enrolled in distance learning programs statewide. The University, with its five Academic Colleges, has more than 300 full-time faculty members and is situated in an area characterized by an extraordinary heterogeneity of people, and an extensive array of high technology industries and professional services.
Conditions of Employment:
Full-time, permanent (probationary) position.
Department: Enterprise Applications & Digital Transformation
The Information Technology Division is responsible for providing leadership and support in information technology for the entire CSU Dominguez Hills community. The Division promotes IT solutions that improve the teaching, learning, research, and administrative environment of the University. The CITO provides overall management of the IT Department. Four groups comprise the Department of Information Technology: Infrastructure Services Department consists of telephone services, network services, server operations and administration. The Project Management group consists of desktop support, help desk and training. The Enterprise Application group consists of development, web services and student information services. The Academic Technology Department consists of classroom technical support, instructional design, instructional lab and media support.
Major Job Duties:
Under the general direction of the Associate Vice President, Enterprise Applications & Digital Transformation, and as part of a team, the incumbent is responsible for providing complex technical expertise for the application development, implementation, and maintenance of mission critical enterprise systems including, of Oracle/PeopleSoft all Campus Solution modules, some Human Resource modules and/or other and/or related systems and associated databases to meet user business and campus information needs. Demonstrate an in depth understanding and development skills for PS Campus Solution modules of Student Records, Financial Aid, Admissions, Campus Community, and others. Capable of developing highly complex application programs and functional solutions utilizing advanced PeopleSoft Application Designer, Integration Broker, PeopleCode, SQR, DataMover, Application Engine, and other Oracle/PeopleSoft tools. Independently evaluates and troubleshoots issues, implementing solutions with application programs. Perform system design and development of complex application programs. Implement and document complex application and programs based on the policies and procedures of CSU’s PeopleSoft (Common Management System) applications. Develop and document technical specifications and test plans with consideration of data/system integrity, feasibility, integration needs and security. Plans, designs, develops and deploys of enterprise projects, ensures timelines and deliverables are met and technical documentation are completed accurately, using the CMS guidelines recommended by the Chancellor’s Office, and the campus development standards. Function as a subject matter expert for complex user support tickets and performs assessments. Research user issues and independently resolve a technical problems for a diverse constituency of campus users.
Required Education: Bachelors or Master’s degree from an accredited four year college or university in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Systems, Engineering or a related field
Required Experience: Equivalent to seven years of related work experience developing and maintaining enterprise-level
PeopleSoft Campus Solutions applications.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
– Campus-defined systems, applications, and standards
– Structured programming techniques, relational database design, and file structure – Knowledge and skills in applications programming and systems analysis
– System development life cycle and structured systems development concepts
– Formal data flow analysis methodologies
– Data administration principles and data modeling concepts
– Administrative systems development and workflow processes
– Oracle/PeopleSoft Tools 8x or higher
– Client/server technologies
– System/equipment capability, design restrictions, and security requirement
– Network configuration, programming, and protocols
– Possess advanced knowledge of the work area demonstrated by an understanding and use of the advanced principles and theories.
– Ability to integrate and apply work related knowledge to achieve innovative solutions.
– Ability to anticipate the impact of problems and solutions on other systems.
– Ability to investigate and research new systems and technologies and develop complex information technology systems and solutions.
– Ability to understand problems from a broad perspective and explore, conceive, and implement solutions and ideas in new ways.
– Ability to predict and anticipate problems and be proactive when creating solutions.
– Demonstrated communication expertise using persuasion and negotiation.
– Ability to teach and transfer knowledge and skills to others.
– Strong interpersonal and customer service skills, specifically to communicate technical computing related topics and solutions to a nontechnical audience.
– Ability to work independently, as well as in a group, in some instances lead and motivate others
– Possess excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to take initiative to complete work assignments.
– Ability to research and evaluate the functionality of vendor software to meet user needs
– Development and support experience in a CSU, CMS and PeopleSoft environment. Experience with Oracle/PeopleSoft 9.x or higher tools: Application Designer, PeopleCode, Application Engine, Component Interface, Integration Broker and Messaging, PeopleSoft Portal, Data Mover, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
– Knowledge of relational database design and implementation.
– Hands on expert experience developing and/or programming SQR, Crystal Reports, XML Publisher, Application Engine, Oracle Stored – Procedures, PeopleTools,
PeopleCode, Component Interface, Business Interlinks, PeopleSoft Application Designer, Oracle Database and Oracle development tools such as PL/SQL.
– Knowledge of PeopleSoft Portal and web development tools such as Java, HTML, XML, and AJAX.
– Strong interpersonal and customer service skills, with the ability to communicate technical computing related topics and solutions to a nontechnical audience.
– Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
– Ability to take initiative and willingness to work long hours when necessary.
– Ability to understand business processes for Human Resources, Finance and Academic units in an academic environment across various departments.
– Using systems work flow and logic flowchart techniques
– Applying and using operations analysis and structured design analysis techniques.
Salary Range: $6,249 – $12,100 monthly.
How to apply: You can only apply by completing an electronic application at the campus job web site at https://apptrkr.com/1614967 Click on “view job opportunities” under “New and returning applicants.”
View the list of jobs and click on the one with the job title listed above.
The application review date is: Thursday, September 26, 2019
CSU Dominguez Hills is an Equal Opportunity /ADA Employer.
California State University, Dominguez Hills Human Resources Management
1000 E. Victoria St.
Carson, CA 90747