Bellevue College is a diverse student-centered, comprehensive and innovative college, committed to teaching excellence that advances the life-long educational development of its students while strengthening the economic, social and cultural life of its diverse community. Bellevue College is located just 10 miles east of Seattle where we serve a student population of over 44% students of color and over 1,100 international students. The college promotes student success by providing high-quality, flexible, accessible educational programs and services; advancing pluralism, inclusion and global awareness; and acting as a catalyst and collaborator for a vibrant region.
Work 4- 8 hours coverage on average 20 hours a week. May include day shift, swing shift, weekends, grave and holidays.
• Investigate complaints of disturbance, accidents, stolen property, or criminal activity.
• Assist city or county police and state patrol in cases of emergency.
• Patrol campus buildings and grounds on foot or by vehicle to maintain security; Issue citations for parking violations.
• Ensure adherence to institution rules and regulations, local, state, and federal statutes, and ordinances.
• Contribute to a work environment that embraces diversity and uses diverse perspectives to enhance the organization.
• Operate department communication equipment; answer telephone inquiries; receive reports of criminal activity; dispatch foot and mobile units; operate paging system; monitor alarm systems; prepare, type, and distribute reports.
• Perform related duties as required.
• High school graduation or equivalent
• 6 months security experience or related field
• Ability to respect and maintain confidentiality
• Ability to contribute to an environment that embraces diversity and uses diverse perspectives to enhance the attainment of organizational goals
• Ability to work well with diverse students, staff, and faculty
• Effective written and verbal skills
• Ability to provide ongoing customer service to clients