Reference Number: 1539405
California State University, Dominguez Hills
California State University, Dominguez Hills, was established in 1960 and is one of the 23 campuses that comprise The California State University system. CSU Dominguez Hills is an urban, comprehensive public university that serves a culturally rich, diverse student body of over 12,500 students at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Located on a 346-acre site in the South Bay portion of the greater Los Angeles metropolitan area, CSU Dominguez Hills has a highly pluralistic student body, which includes a significant number of non-traditional, working adult students as well as approximately 2,000 students enrolled in distance learning programs statewide. The University, with its five Academic Colleges, has more than 300 full-time faculty members and is situated in an area characterized by an extraordinary heterogeneity of people, and an extensive array of high technology industries and professional services.
Under the general supervision of the Chair of the Occupational Therapy Department, the incumbent provides a full range of moderate to complex clerical work assignments in support of the Occupational Therapy department, duties include but are not limited to operations, special events, fieldwork files, admission processes, staff, student and faculty support. Assignments include planning and coordinating work activities with relative independence, communicate effectively, and meet deadlines. The incumbent will utilize standard office support technology and systems to enter data, generate reports, and maintain databases. Work often involves front line contacts with a variety of campus and community individuals requiring active problem solving and effective interpersonal skills.
|Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
– Experience to be proficient in performing most or all work assignments.
– General working knowledge of applicable university infrastructure, policies, and procedures.
– Thorough knowledge of office methods, procedures, and practices.
– Fluency in using standard office software packages.
– Thorough knowledge of English grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
– Ability to learn, interpret independently, and apply a variety of complex policies and procedures. Able to identify deviations from applicable policies.
– Ability to apply independent judgment, discretion, and initiative to address problems and develop practical, thorough and, at times, creative solutions.
– Ability to perform standard arithmetic functions of a transactional nature, including tracking and comparing data.
– Work often involves front line contacts with a variety of campus and community individuals requiring active problem solving and effective interpersonal skills.
– Demonstrated competence in effectively presenting standard information in writing.
– Demonstrated competence in understanding, interpreting, and communicating procedures, policies, information, ideas, and instructions.
– Ability to work with individuals at a variety of levels using effective interpersonal skills.Specialized Materials: Personal computer, typewriter, photocopier, fax, calculator, scantron machine, and multi-line telephone system.
Experience and Education:
You can only apply by completing an electronic application at the campus job web site at https://apptrkr.com/1539405.