Bellevue College is a student-centered, comprehensive and innovative college, committed to teaching excellence that advances the life-long educational development of its students while strengthening the economic, social and cultural life of its diverse community. The college promotes student success by providing high-quality, flexible, accessible educational programs and services; advancing pluralism, inclusion and global awareness; and acting as a catalyst and collaborator for a vibrant region.
Teaching and Students
• Teach courses that may include, but not limited to: System Administration, Cybersecurity, Network Security, Networking, Penetration Testing, Forensics, OS Hardening, Virtualization, Cloud Architecture, PC Hardware and Software, and other security topics
• Foster a positive, equitable learning environment where diversity and pluralism are advanced
• Promote teaching and learning excellence in the NSCOM/ISIT and BAS-IST programs
• Assess student learning outcomes in a variety of assessment methods
• Promote program and recruit students from a culturally diverse population
• Provide ongoing guidance in student career development
• Participate in advising students and improving student success
Currency and Relevancy
• Maintain current knowledge and skills in security, networking and system administration topics
• Maintain currency and relevancy of curriculum and program via trainings, professional conferences, certification, etc.
• Participate in on-going curriculum development, revision, and implementation that incorporates diverse perspectives
• Develop and recruit advisory committee members and meet with potential employers
• Consult and collaborate with colleagues at other colleges, businesses, or professional organizations
• Represent the college in community events or statewide inter-institutional initiatives
• Mentor/coach students in local, regional, national and/or international cybersecurity competitions.
Department and College Governance
• Participate in program activities, such as mentoring adjunct faculty and others
• Participate in program, division and college governance
• Perform other reasonable duties and functions that may be assigned by the President, the Provost, the Division Chair or Program Chair
• Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
• Current industry first-aid/CPR certificate or acquire within 90 days of initial employment
• Current industry certifications (one or more) such as CompTIA A+, CompTIA N+, CCNA, CompTIA Security+, VCP, MCSA, MCSE, CEH, CISM, CISSP, GSEC, CHFI, AWS Associate, etc.
• Substantial, recent full-time experience in the industry and/or teaching experience in Cybersecurity, Networking, Network Security, Systems Administration and related areas
• Demonstrate commitment to working with students and colleagues from diverse backgrounds and academic readiness
• Effective oral and written communication skills
|To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/1929085|