About This Organization
|Bellevue College is a student-centered, comprehensive and innovative college, committed to teaching excellence that advances the life-long educational development of its students while strengthening the economic, social and cultural life of its diverse community. The college promotes student success by providing high-quality, flexible, accessible educational programs and services; advancing pluralism, inclusion and global awareness; and acting as a catalyst and collaborator for a vibrant region.
|Typically, part-time faculty in Mathematics teach on campus, as dictated by program need, course schedule, and enrollment demand. Most classes meet daily, though there are some that meet twice per week. In addition, part-time faculty are expected to be available to students periodically outside of class; to engage students actively in their own learning; to maintain high standards regarding course content; provide students with timely feedback on their course work and examinations; and to adhere to program assessment practices and policies. Part-time faculty may be expected to participate in student success efforts and assessment tasks.
• BA/BS in Mathematics, Secondary Mathematics Education, or in a related field with significant Math coursework
• Documented successful teaching experience in Math
• Ability to relate to students and staff of varied ethnicity, ages, backgrounds, and abilities, and a commitment to a culturally diverse environment
• Ability to communicate effectively with students and colleagues
• Ability and willingness to adapt to changing teaching schedules and situations
|To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/1928982