Reference Number: 1638377
California State University, Dominguez Hills
California State University Dominguez Hills was established in 1960 and is one of the 23 campuses that comprise The California State University System. CSU Dominguez Hills is an urban, comprehensive public university that serves a culturally rich, diverse student body of approximately 14,000 students at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Located on a 346-acre site in the South Bay portion of the greater Los Angeles metropolitan area, CSU Dominguez Hills has a highly pluralistic student body, which includes a significant number of non-traditional, working adult students as well as approximately 2,000 students enrolled in distance learning programs statewide. The University, with its five Academic Colleges, has more than 300 full- time faculty members and is situated in an area characterized by an extraordinary heterogeneity of people, and an extensive array of high technology industries and professional services.
Under general supervision of the Dean of the College of Extended and International Education (CEIE), the Marketing Specialist will be responsible for developing, planning and maintaining a robust Customer Relations Management (CRM) system for managing relationships and interactions with prospective and enrolled students. The Marketing Specialist will provide support for the CRM for all programs within CEIE. The Marketing Specialist will work with Program Directors and the Marketing Director to develop customer journeys. The Marketing Specialist will independently write and edit copy for marketing collateral and develop and/or curate other materials needed for customer journeys. The incumbent will independently collect and organize market research, including, but not limited to: analyzing and selecting pertinent facts and integrating them into marketing collateral. The incumbent will plan and oversee marketing campaigns for CEIE programs and identify, build and maintain positive working relationships with Program Directors/Coordinators, support staff, colleagues, supervisors and administrators. The Marketing Specialist will balance multiple priorities and find solutions to challenges related to the day-to-day operation of the unit.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
– Working knowledge of and ability to apply standard theories, practices, principles and techniques related to communications in the public affairs, media, marketing, and/or sports information areas.
– Working knowledge of general practices, program, and/or administrative specialty.
– Ability to learn and interpret, and apply a wide variety of policies and procedures relating to and impacting applicable program, organizational unit, and/or administrative specialty.
– Knowledge of basic methods and procedures for research and statistical analysis and the ability to apply them.
– Ability to analyze data and make accurate projections using business mathematics and basis statistical techniques.
– Ability to organize and plan work and projects including handling multiple priorities.
– Ability to make independent decisions and exercise sound judgment.
– Ability to compile, write and present marketing reports related to program or administrative specialty.
– Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within and outside the work group and serve as a liaison for the organizational unit.
– Expert writing and editorial skills.
– Comprehensive knowledge of marketing and research techniques and methods.
– Ability to use market research to enhance the impact of communication strategies and campaigns.
– Ability to provide lead work direction.
– Knowledge of CRM
– Ability to develop and administer customer experiences on a CRM.
A college degree, which includes relevant coursework in the field Required Experience:
Two years of related professional or technical experience
Administrative work experience within a marketing unit involving study, analysis, and/or
evaluation leading to the development or improvement of policies, procedures, practices, or programs equivalent to at least three years preferred.